Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Feb 14, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Question for fibromyalgia suffers?.

Do you get a temp when your having a flare?..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 14, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post

i personally dont but im sure others may have different experiences...
Old 11 Feb 14, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you, I never used too but just lately I do so just wondered if it was the norm for us
Old 11 Feb 14, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
CSIDi
slightly serious Dibber

I never have. I've been at hospital for most of today with this recent flare as the pain is in my back around the lung area, breathing deeply is agony. I've had an ECG, chest x ray and loads of blood taken; fortunately all negative and my temp is also normal.

The problem with having Fibro, I find, as there can be so many symptoms, it's easy to say "oh, I'm having a flare", but it could be due to something else. So if the symptoms are not your usual ones, I'd have it checked out.

Hope you soon feel better.

Relax, unwind, get in a flip flop state of mind

CSIDi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 14, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you, been to the doctors but she said she ain't qualified enough to sort out my medication as they are so strong.. So have to talk to the hospital, she agreed it was a flare. I am glad all your tests come back negative and hope you start to feel better really soon, I know with fibromyalgia it can effect the chest muscles badly xx
Old 11 Feb 14, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
emmsy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CSIDi View Post
I never have. I've been at hospital for most of today with this recent flare as the pain is in my back around the lung area, breathing deeply is agony. I've had an ECG, chest x ray and loads of blood taken; fortunately all negative and my temp is also normal.

The problem with having Fibro, I find, as there can be so many symptoms, it's easy to say "oh, I'm having a flare", but it could be due to something else. So if the symptoms are not your usual ones, I'd have it checked out.

Hope you soon feel better.
Sorry to hear this and hope your start to feel better real soon. I too have Fibro and since about Oct time i have felt awful with what doctor says is just a flare up that hasn't calmed down yet. I too get a lot of pain in my back and also chest area but it is always just put down to my fibro. I agree with what you said that there are so many symptoms off this horrible disease that i always just put all my symptoms down to fibro. I am counting down the days until i am in florida again as the heat seems to do wonders for me and i can't wait to feel well again, xx
Old 11 Feb 14, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
emmsy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney_Mad83 View Post
Do you get a temp when your having a flare?..
Hi - no I've never had a temp when having a flare up. Maybe you have a virus going on as well? x
Old 11 Feb 14, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by emmsy View Post
Sorry to hear this and hope your start to feel better real soon. I too have Fibro and since about Oct time i have felt awful with what doctor says is just a flare up that hasn't calmed down yet. I too get a lot of pain in my back and also chest area but it is always just put down to my fibro. I agree with what you said that there are so many symptoms off this horrible disease that i always just put all my symptoms down to fibro. I am counting down the days until i am in florida again as the heat seems to do wonders for me and i can't wait to feel well again, xx
i too cant wait to go to florida for some heat
Old 11 Feb 14, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
emmsy
Imagineer

[QUOTE=Pixie_Dust_84;9320702]i too cant wait to go to florida for some heat[/QUOTE

Does the heat help you as well? We have looked seriously into moving somewhere hotter than the UK in the hope that the heat would improve my health and fibro symptoms but im not sure if its short bursts of heat that helps as maybe your body and symptoms would get used to the heat longer term? x
Old 11 Feb 14, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
CSIDi
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by emmsy View Post
I'm also counting the days, I always feel so much better there. I asked for 6 months in Florida on prescription but the doctor just laughed

Relax, unwind, get in a flip flop state of mind

CSIDi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread