Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Nov 21, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by notorious View Post
There are code share flights bookable on the Virgin website with Delta/KLM/Air France via Paris,Amsterdam or New York and some flights back to Manchester boarding a Virgin aircraft at Orlando or Atlanta would these be options Virgin would consider?
If you have the miles and there is availability then yes (it would cost more miles and I am not sure there is PE on all those carriers ? ) - I would certainly give Flying Club a call and chat about the possibilities . You have to do some leg work I am afraid, as best to check out availability and then put forward a request - seatspy.com is a useful tool for that
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
formosagirl
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Hi,
I’m after some advice please regarding my options . I’ve booked and paid for 2 pe return tickets using miles and a 2-4-1 voucher for man-lax for August 2022. Virgin have just emailed to say that they wont be operating these flights in summer 2022. I know I can have a refund of the miles, vouchers and taxes but do I have any right or option to ask virgin to put me on an alternative flight with a different airline e.g BA indirect or even the Virgin flight to LAX from Heathrow and they pay for the flight to/from Heathrow. They do say in their email that they are unable to book me onto an alternative service on the same date. Thanks
I called today when we got the email through and they said they could not put me on a flight from Manchester to Heathrow as they have no partners they can use to do this. I didn't push it as I'm happy to go from Heathrow as that's where our return flight is arriving.

We had upper miles flights and I thought I'd have to be moved to a flight with Miles availability but interestingly I was given an option of any of the 3 flights on that day, none of which had miles availability to the best of my knowledge.
Old 4 Nov 21, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

Well after 2 hours on the phone we’ve changed to Heathrow. Couldn’t change return leg to Vegas as no upper reward seats but he said keep checking as may be some availability soon🤞. The plane is the new a350 so quite pleased with that. Let’s just hope we can go!
Cinderellas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by formosagirl View Post
I called today when we got the email through and they said they could not put me on a flight from Manchester to Heathrow as they have no partners they can use to do this. I didn't push it as I'm happy to go from Heathrow as that's where our return flight is arriving.

We had upper miles flights and I thought I'd have to be moved to a flight with Miles availability but interestingly I was given an option of any of the 3 flights on that day, none of which had miles availability to the best of my knowledge.
Review had the option of releasing seats to miles but to be fair VS is increasing their flights to 3 a day LHR to LAX and there is usually plenty of Upper Class availability on that route (even at short notice I have known them move a seat from revue to miles on request) but can't be relied upon. Seatspy is accurate as it is taken from VS (and BA) system so is a good indicator
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
VA no West Coast USA flights from MAN

We have utilised flights from MAN-LAS previously to go on road trips but for next year, they are not flying this route.
We rebooked for MAN- LAX but today notified that this route is not being undertaken and offering us a refund.
What is going on with VA?
No flights from Gatwick and now, much diminished options from MAN?
Is this just the current situation or are they also planning to drop MAN for all but MCO (and Atlanta for some weird reason). I would have thought that LAS was a much more popular route?
We are now scratching round for alternatives that don’t mean 2-3 stops each way.

I’ve always been loyal to VA but finding it hard to like them at all right now

** edited to say that I didn’t realise there was already a thread running**

We have looked at a convoluted route using KLM and Delta but three times the Delta website has taken our money but then said it’s not gone through!
We now have to wait for this money to bounce back as we’ve reached the credit limit!
On hold to Delta for an hour already…………

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS

Edited at 07:01 PM.
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sue View Post
We have utilised flights from MAN-LAS previously to go on road trips but for next year, they are not flying this route.
We rebooked for MAN- LAX but today notified that this route is not being undertaken and offering us a refund.
What is going on with VA?
No flights from Gatwick and now, much diminished options from MAN?
Is this just the current situation or are they also planning to drop MAN for all but MCO (and Atlanta for some weird reason). I would have thought that LAS was a much more popular route?
We are now scratching round for alternatives that don’t mean 2-3 stops each way.

I’ve always been loyal to VA but finding it hard to like them at all right now

** edited to say that I didn’t realise there was already a thread running**

We have looked at a convoluted route using KLM and Delta but three times the Delta website has taken our money but then said it’s not gone through!
We now have to wait for this money to bounce back as we’ve reached the credit limit!
On hold to Delta for an hour already…………
Atlanta is Delta hub so I would presume it is part of the partnership deal that flights there are to remain but yes Man certainly seems to be getting more than its fair share of VS flights being moved - I guess they can full flights easier form LHR (where slots are far more expensive) - be interesting to see if MCO remains of they move more to EDI and LHR ...
Old 4 Nov 21, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Atlanta is Delta hub so I would presume it is part of the partnership deal that flights there are to remain but yes Man certainly seems to be getting more than its fair share of VS flights being moved - I guess they can full flights easier form LHR (where slots are far more expensive) - be interesting to see if MCO remains of they move more to EDI and LHR ...
If they abandon MAN then I’m done with them permanently.
We simply won’t fly via LHR, it’s fine if it’s your final destination, but for transit it’s a third world airport IMO. Twice now we’ve missed connecting flights coming home due to its useless slow security, they don’t get a third chance.
We would much rather have a connection outside of the UK than go via LHR

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
We’re sorted now, Swiss going out, Air Canada coming back, business all the way and cheaper than VA.
Goodbye and thanks for the memories VA

Old 4 Nov 21, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Oh no I hope they bring it back!im hoping to get reward seats for 2023 - I know they have said for next summer but they haven’t brought the Vegas flight back. It’s just such a pain from LHR esp returning home
Old 4 Nov 21, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Really disappointed to read this as it’s a route we were hoping to use next year.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List