Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Dec 21, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
DD is 9 and half years out of chemo but still complains of aching, mostly in her ankles(she was on Vincristine and carboplatin but also had Cisplatin and Cyclophosphamide). I do wonder on the long term side effects of such awful treatment.
I was on plaxitol and carboplatin

Both cause joint issues particularly the plaxitol. It's also left me slightly deaf and mild tinitus. Although it's a small price to pay to still be here
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post

Both cause joint issues particularly the plaxitol. It's also left me slightly deaf and mild tinitus. Although it's a small price to pay to still be here
Strangely DD also has episodes of tinnitis. We have mentioned this to her consultant and he did not seem too worried. The tinnitus is only occasional. Because she has communication issues she often puts up with a lot, like headaches, she has a brain tumour, and often ‘muddled through’ only telling me when it is too bad. Lately her ankles and joints have been nagging her I put it down to a change in the weather. As she is so young too I have to rely on others like her TA at school to log her symptoms in her diary, this has been a bit hit or miss since her previous TA retired.
Old 4 Dec 21, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

They are all so strong drugs. I can still see DD having her carboplatin infusion, she had it for a year at 6 weekly intervals I think it was, within seconds of the meds going in IV she was bright red, coughing and trying to be sick, so frightening. That’s why she had to change to Cisplatin and Cyclophosphamide for final 6 months. Like you say though, small price to pay. X
Keep battling through. X
Old 5 Dec 21, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Hi

I'm not on any cancer treatment at the moment, as they don't know where the primary source is and my last scan was ok. My bloods on the other hand show various cancer markers... Which is why prognosis is not good but living three months to three months..cancer the gift that keeps giving.

Oncologist days as soon as the scan shows anything it's either back to chemo or what ever treatment is best depending what scan days

Cancer unknown primary is so difficult to explain to people they presume your Dr is useless but 3/4% of all cancers the primary source is never discovered
Sorry T for the begger of a time [understatement] you're dealing with.

Zoldronic Acid is a bone protectant, but my body reacted badly and whilst I debated no more chemo after my first infusion of docetaxol cyclophosphamide caused severe febrile neutropenia I continued when my mortality was 26% vs 47% if I continued, but refused further ZA.

Best regards to all fighting cancer, good luck
Old 5 Dec 21, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Sorry T for the begger of a time [understatement] you're dealing with.

Zoldronic Acid is a bone protectant, but my body reacted badly and whilst I debated no more chemo after my first infusion of docetaxol cyclophosphamide caused severe febrile neutropenia I continued when my mortality was 26% vs 47% if I continued, but refused further ZA.

Best regards to all fighting cancer, good luck
Wishing you all the best too. X luckily (fingers crossed) DD is out of the worst of hers now, i just get very panicky every 6 months at MRI time.
Old 5 Dec 21, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
RuthieR
Getting Excited

I took hayfever meds every day (Loratadine) and Epsom salt baths - works a treat for pain after chemo.
RuthieR is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 21, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
lucylou
Excited about Disney

I finished chemo in June, carboplatin and plaxitol for womb cancer. My legs ache from the knees down mostly when I am in bed at night even my big toes ache. I also suffer from occasional earache, mostly when I get up in the morning. These drugs are so strong and really affect your body for months/years after treatment, but like others have said small price to pay to be cancer free. I don’t know if it gets better or you just learn to live with it.