Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 26 Aug 21, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Strictly Amy - Crohns and me BBC1 7pm 27/8/21

For anyone who is suffering from or knows a person who has Crohns disease or you just want to find out a bit more about it I can recommend this programme tomorrow evening (it is a repeat and on i-player).

A very close family member suffered from this for many, many years and the extent of their suffering would be too graphic to mention here. Like any other chronic condition the more publicity it gets the more people can understand.

Edited at 09:18 AM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

Already seen as it was on in Wales a few months ago, real eye opener, I had no knowledge of the illness before, total empathy now.
Old 26 Aug 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
For anyone who is suffering from or knows a person who has Crohns disease or you just want to find out a bit more about it I can recommend this programme tomorrow evening (it is a repeat and on i-player).

A very close family member suffered from this for many, many years and the extent of their suffering would be too graphic to mention here. Like any other chronic condition the more publicity it gets the more people can understand.
Thanks for the heads up, shall definitely watch that.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
The 2 Minnies
slightly serious Dibber

Will definitely be watching. My DS has crohns and going through a particularly bad flare up at the moment. He is 6ft4inches and now weighs 8 and a half stone! . Waiting for another colonoscopy next week. Also it makes it even worse that he only gets statutory sick pay when he’s off work and has a young family to look after.
The 2 Minnies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by The 2 Minnies View Post
Will definitely be watching. My DS has crohns and going through a particularly bad flare up at the moment. He is 6ft4inches and now weighs 8 and a half stone! . Waiting for another colonoscopy next week. Also it makes it even worse that he only gets statutory sick pay when he’s off work and has a young family to look after.
You have my sincere support - Crohns is a horrible, debilitating disease. Not many people realise that it can affect so many different parts of the digestive system (from the start to the end) and what treatment is suitable for one sufferer isn't suitable for another. I hope all goes well for the appointment next week.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I would like to watch this so thank you 😊
I agree that some people have no idea how debilitating and life changing Crohn’s disease can be. From extreme fatigue, to body aches, skin rashes, swollen eyes and lips not to mention all the intestinal tract.
People confuse this with IBS (which is also horrible) so not on the same playing field.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

I'm three years post resection which has changed my life for the better. It's is definitely a disease that needs more public awareness.
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I have just watched this. Amy has done incredible with her career, she is an inspiration !
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
The 2 Minnies
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
You have my sincere support - Crohns is a horrible, debilitating disease. Not many people realise that it can affect so many different parts of the digestive system (from the start to the end) and what treatment is suitable for one sufferer isn't suitable for another. I hope all goes well for the appointment next week.
Thank you. Just an update though, he was so ill this mourning I rang for an ambulance and they’ve taken him into hospital. He must have felt really bad as he didn’t object! Hospital closed to all but essential people so couldn’t go with him, waiting for an update
The 2 Minnies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 21, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by The 2 Minnies View Post
Thank you. Just an update though, he was so ill this mourning I rang for an ambulance and they’ve taken him into hospital. He must have felt really bad as he didn’t object! Hospital closed to all but essential people so couldn’t go with him, waiting for an update
So sorry to hear that 2 Minnies - I am sure I can speak for everyone who has posted here so far that you and your family are all in our thoughts.