Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 18 Feb 17, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Roosterroo
Excited about Disney

gluten free

ive looked on the allergy advice and it says gluten free items are available on the breakfast buffets. anyone know if these have to be asked for and if so who do you ask or are they on display with regular items? we are staying at the Cheyenne next week.
thank you
Roosterroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
frazers mum
Imagineer

Hi. I eat GF and we are staying at Sequoia lodge in May. I PM'd Disneyland yesterday on Facebook and they replied within hours. The lady said it would be noted in my booking that I required a GF breakfast buffet, and I will also mention it again at check in.
Disneyland Paris - May 2003, May 2017
frazers mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Roosterroo
Excited about Disney

thank you, we shall give them a call
Roosterroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
DadToThree
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'm not sure if it'll be the same but when we stayed at DLH we just asked for gluten free items for our daughter and they brought a basket of items with biscuits/pastries etc which was really good.

We grabbed a load of stuff to take into the parks for snacks too as there was very little in the parks for her to eat.

We ate at Bistro Chez Remy and there was hardly anything she could eat which was a huge disappointment (can't actually remember what she did have in the end)
DadToThree is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We stayed at Santa Fe for the half marathon weekend & I packed some gluten free instant porridge pots in my carry on I don't eat gf bread or pastries at home & wanted to make sure I ate at least one meal with carbs lol
tinker82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ohana_mama
Helping Minnie

DLP's provision for gluten free is very poor indeed.
We asked for gluten free breakfast and were brought boxes of two or three GF items that we could pick what we wanted which was good (bit repetitive). They were unable to cook any of their breakfast items separately for us (no eggs/bacon/potatoes etc.).
In the parks the GF options were ridiculous. They use frozen ready meals which is free of any allergens and probably any taste/texture. They refused to make us anything separate from the menu e.g. no sauces etc as they said they could not guarantee that it was gluten free.
I strongly suggest you bring some GF items from home/supermarket to tide you over whilst in the parks.
In saying this Planet Hollywood had excellent menu for GF as did the steakhouse in the village who were very accommodating in helping with menu choice - they ended up being the only places we ate!
I hope that they have improved the options for GF - I did complain to Disney about the lack of GF options after our trip but doubt they took any notice, again they stated they could only guarantee the frozen ready meals were GF and therefore could not serve us anything else.
I think if we had of been more prepared in realising they wouldn't be able to accommodate us very well it wouldn't have bothered us so much. So hope this helps you with you preparation. We still enjoyed our holiday and had a magical time!
Hope you have a magical Gluten Free trip! (If you find any nice GF options please share)
ohana_mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
floridafamily
Imagineer

thanks for asking OP, will be watching replies with interest as mum needs GF stuff and we are going next may 2018
Jan 2012 – Disney Port Orleans Riverside
Sep 2012 – Hotel Cheyenne, Disneyland Resort Paris
Nov 2013 - Disney Port Orleans Riverside

Nov 2014 – Hotel Cheyenne, Disneyland Resort Paris
Feb 2016 - Disney Caribbean Beach Resort
floridafamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Roosterroo
Excited about Disney

ill try and make notes what my friend eats, she is used to not having a great selection and is taking snacks