Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 24 Oct 18, 02:38 AM  
Link to this Post
M3ben05
VIP Dibber

Thanks again for the lovely comments guys, I’ve really enjoyed sharing this whole crazy idea and trip with you all

The little man has slept loads today, he didn’t wake up from his nap until 5pm but that wasn’t a problem, we had until 6:30 for our first FP of the evening at AK. We decided to eat at the park to save some time and we arrived at around 545

As we had a bit of time to kill we went to see the it’s tough to be a bug show under the tree of life before we made our way to Africa for yet another safari ride (did I mention he’s quite fond of this?!). We were lucky once again and saw loads of animals including the elephants which are his absolute favourites.

We decided on flame tree bbq for dinner, we shared a pulled pork sandwich and a couple of sides as neither of us were hugely hungry after the mega blaze pizza at lunch (£16.72 spent).

We... or rather he decided that we should have one more session in the bone yard play area before it closed so we quickly headed in that direction and made it for the last 10 minutes which, for one of us at least, was long enough!

I’d managed to bag some FP’s for the light show at 7.45 so we grabbed an ice cream (£4.11 spent) and took our seats ready for the show. I know this gets mixed reviews but I like it, it’s something different and very cleverly done. Plus they can’t do a fireworks show there for obvious reasons.

AK is always a bit of a pain to get out of after the light show but tonight it didn’t seem too bad and we made it back to the car just before 9, including a few minute stop so we could watch the tree of life awakens display which I think is amazing even if the little man doesn’t agree!

So that’s it for the day and possibly the trip - I’m still not sure what to do tomorrow morning. Our flight home isn’t until 530pm so we’ve got plenty of time to go somewhere. Let’s see how we feel in the morning

Night all

Oh and ps, you’ll be amazed to hear that we didn’t win the $1.6b - or anything else for that matter!

Edited at 02:43 AM.
M3ben05 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 05:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

What a lovely trip you are both having and it just shows how much you can do without being on a schedule, or spending a fortune.
We had three nights on site at Pop last year, as part of a last minute trip. No ADR’s, no Fastpasses. We saw Pandora by day and night, Happily Ever After, fireworks. We got on rides if the wait was twenty minutes or less. It was great!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
What great memories you have created, have a safe trip home.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Have loved following this along and reading your tips.

What fantastic memories you have made with your boy. Love it 😍

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
kellsbelle
Excited about Disney

Ah I’m actually disappointed it’s your departure day today, I’ve loved reading along! Sounds like you’ve both had a blast and made some fantastic memories to treasure. Looking forward to the full trip report

October 2010 - 14 nights POFQ
October 2012 - 14 nights OKW/2 nights RPR
July 2017 - 8 nights POR/4 nights Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando/4 nights RPR
October 2019 - 16 nights CSR
kellsbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for letting us come along with you and your little man while you've been making magical memories. Have a safe journey home ☺️
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
justus2again
Imagineer

Enjoyed every day of your trip may there be many more safe flight home xx
2005 southern dunes 2007 legacy park 2007 southern dunes 2008 lake Wilson 2009 southern dunes 2010 Hampton lakes 2011 greater groves 2012 Windsor palms 2013 southern dunes 2014 vista park 2015 villa Lindfields 2016 west haven villa 2017 acorn villa 2018 villa silver creek 2019 champions gate 2020 2021 the years of no go 2022 all booked for this year
justus2again is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Feel very sad that we won’t be hearing of your daily adventures... thanks for taking us along with you hope you enjoy your final morning and have a great journey back.
Old 24 Oct 18, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Mobile

Lol imagine if you did win the lottery - I would have loved to have seen a million dollar trip report 😉
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
have loved this report and so chuffed at what an amazing trip you've had with such a good budget!

Could i ask what the view of the fireworks was like from the ttc? its always so busy in the parks that the kids can never see the castle anyway so was thinking this might be a more relaxed way to view them? thanks
Firstxmastrip is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List