Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Jun 20, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
kev007
Imagineer

kev007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Cancelling our Virgin Holidays holiday - advice please

Hi guys

DW and I had booked a ten day holiday to the CBR at Disney in early October but we have reluctantly decided that we no longer want to go this year; although we completely understand the reasons for them, all the changes mean that it will no longer be the holiday we had booked.

We can't go in 2021 due to various commitments so we will be cancelling the holiday .

We have received the email from VH asking for confirmation of what we want to do but there appears to be no option for requesting the cancellation?

We have sent DM's to VH via Twitter and have also sent messages via WhatsApp but haven't received any response.

We realise we are likely to lose our deposit although the package we purchases through VH is no longer the same (no DDP, change of airports from LGW to LHR although we realise these are both London airports) so there have been significant changes.

I will be emailing tomorrow to confirm our cancellation and request for a cash refund - is there any specific email address to use? Otherwise I will send to several!

Also, we had booked seats in the Bubble going and exit seats coming back with Virgin Atlantic - do we have to contact VA to request a refund or will this all be done by VH?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thank you.

Kev

kev007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

I guess if you put an early 'new' date you'll get a call sooner than others who have put a later date. If you are cancelling the flight then I doubt you'll get the money back you paid for the bubble/extra leg room seats, I'm sure it stated they were non refundable when I lasted booked the bubble.
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by f1girly View Post
If you are cancelling the flight then I doubt you'll get the money back you paid for the bubble/extra leg room seats, I'm sure it stated they were non refundable when I lasted booked the bubble.
Virgin atlantic have stated all bubble seats will be automatically refunded as they can no longer provide that service. I'm not sure about extra leg room seats though I'm afraid.

I have read that as virgin flights are now different flight codes, due to different airport and this is deemed as a significant change therefor you have a right to cancel for full refund. I have cancelled mine on this basis. We had airport pRking and airport hotel all paid for which is non refundable so will book our holiday with another company now who fly more local to us. If you have v room booked this will also be automatically refunded as heathrow dosnt have a lounge.
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by gemma-lou View Post
Virgin atlantic have stated all bubble seats will be automatically refunded as they can no longer provide that service. I'm not sure about extra leg room seats though I'm afraid.

I have read that as virgin flights are now different flight codes, due to different airport and this is deemed as a significant change therefor you have a right to cancel for full refund. I have cancelled mine on this basis. We had airport pRking and airport hotel all paid for which is non refundable so will book our holiday with another company now who fly more local to us. If you have v room booked this will also be automatically refunded as heathrow dosnt have a lounge.
Some passengers have reported that they have been offered Number 1 Lounge access instead of V-Room should their flight actually operate in the future. Perhaps something to watch if appicable.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Yes they have but the lounge is more expensive too. That will also automatically be taken off your balance if you don't wish yo use it
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
TheDisneyCouple
Imagineer

Mobile

Husband says by this time next week Virgin'll be offering to take us to Florida in a boat.
TheDisneyCouple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by TheDisneyCouple View Post
Husband says by this time next week Virgin'll be offering to take us to Florida in a boat.

Does he mean like this one

virginvoyages/ship
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
TheDisneyCouple
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Does he mean like this one

virginvoyages/ship
Haha, I don't think that's what he had in mind! Feeling really crummy about our holiday right now. The lack of communication is disgusting.
TheDisneyCouple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gemma-lou View Post

Happy to be corrected
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List