Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Sep 21, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Disney1sttimers View Post
What a mad few days we’ve had. Flew over from Ireland last week as DD due to start her midwifery course in University of Bedfordshire. We spent Sunday moving her into her campus accommodation, I then spent Sunday night/Monday morning in A&E (that’s another story!). Just as I’m about to bid her farewell on Monday afternoon she gets an email from the CAO with a second round offer, again midwifery, from National University Ireland Galway. So we now have to pack all her bags again to return home to Ireland! It’s been an exhausting few days and it will be a mad rush to get everything sorted again before she starts next Monday but we’re absolutely delighted to have her closer to home.
That’s definitely a full on weekend, glad you have her closer to home.

My daughter is still patiently waiting, her friends are slowly moving in, one friend moves to York this weekend.

Her friend who moved to Glasgow has been there nearly 2 weeks, so has started lectures/seminars.
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Well... just dropped off dd19 to Bath... disorganised chaos, parking poor, security door cards didn't work so off to accommodation office... Room nice though. All really clean and smelling fresh.

But, all worked in her favour as she has met some later arrivals with the same troubles after we left and took them over to the office making new friends on the way... silver linings...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

My youngest had his infusion at Alder Hey yesterday so we nipped over to see our daughter afterwards. Her room was surprisingly tidy however she hadn’t cleaned or vacuumed 🤯 so her en suite had gone a whole week without being cleaned 😷 or washed and clothes 😬
So Mason had a rest on her bed with his sister while my husband cleaned and vacuumed the room and I cleaned the en suite and did some washing for her.
She is absolutely shattered and full of a cold, she looks like death warmed up. She has gone from staying in at home, to out every night freshers week, they only get in about 5am 🤯
So she was having a night off last night, we took her out for dinner then she was going to bed.
So we left her with a good feed, clean room and en-suite, clean clothes and lots of cuddles 🥰
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Glad she’s over the events of last weekend FT. I don’t think my DS cleaned his en-suite in a year !
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Dd seems to be becoming the mother hen of her halls group. Walked someone back to their flat last night cos they were a bit homesick and worried...

I forgot dd took a year out (forgot!) So she is that little bit older and more worldly wise, I'm proud of the young woman she has become, that her instant instinct is to help others even though she must be apprehensive and a bit overwhelmed by it all herself.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Dd seems to be becoming the mother hen of her halls group. Walked someone back to their flat last night cos they were a bit homesick and worried...

I forgot dd took a year out (forgot!) So she is that little bit older and more worldly wise, I'm proud of the young woman she has become, that her instant instinct is to help others even though she must be apprehensive and a bit overwhelmed by it all herself.
That’s lovely. My DD took a year out when she went to Uni and it did her the world of good to grow up a bit more
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Face timed with DS yesterday- he’s been clubbing every night I think and kept yawning! He’s been trying out various sports and meeting people and generally enjoying it all which is good.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
RuthieR
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Face timed with DS yesterday- he’s been clubbing every night I think and kept yawning! He’s been trying out various sports and meeting people and generally enjoying it all which is good.
That sounds like my DS, out everynight and joined a few clubs. He is playing tennis today then tennis BBQ social tonight. Never seems to be in. He does Whatsapp me everyday, mainly to ask how to cook something or how to get blackcurrant out of his fav top (that's how I found out he had been downing Snakebite & black in some freshers week ritual!). Hoping once lectures start 9am on Mon he will calm it down a little.

Have to say I do miss him a lot and knowing where he is but I have quickly got used to him not being at home and don't feel as sad as I did before he left. I think it is because his is where he wants to be, doing the course he wants to do and has made a few mates in the first week.

Edited at 03:07 PM.
RuthieR is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Imagineer

Generally DD is settling in well. We’ve FaceTimed most days. Her flat mates seem lovely and they’ve all been supporting each other. Had a flat meal the other night as well as some nights out. DD had a bit of a panic attack in a club last night (she still struggles occasionally in crowded places) and it doesn’t help that she is tiny (so makes her feel more claustrophobic when lots of people standing close around her) , but the girls in her flat looked after her. We offered to go see her this weekend, but she seems content without us and hopefully has friends from home going to see her next weekend.

Edited at 02:02 PM.
windsor_hills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RuthieR View Post
That sounds like my DS, out everynight and joined a few clubs. He is playing tennis today then tennis BBQ social tonight. Never seems to be in. He does Whatsapp me everyday, mainly to ask how to cook something or how to get blackcurrant out of his fav top (that's how I found out he had been downing Snakebite & black in some freshers week ritual!). Hoping once lectures start 9am on Mon he will calm it down a little.

Have to say I do miss him a lot and knowing where he is but I have quickly got used to him not being at home and don't feel as sad as I did before he left. I think it is because his is where he wants to be, doing the course he wants to do and has made a few mates in the first week.
That made me laugh - I had a 2.30 am WhatsApp to ask about stain removal from a t-shirt!

I think they will slow down a bit once teaching starts but I’m so glad that they are making the most of the new experience.

Like you, we are missing him a lot but are glad that he is happy and in the place he worked so hard to be.