Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 28 Oct 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Well a 20 year old is an adult not a “kid” (sorry for inverted commas I just really hate the word kid, to me it means a baby goat ) and many 15 year olds will surely eat adult portions. Anyway we were there mid September and found the portion size fine, a bit big if anything.
Yes I was responding to an earlier question about if they had had kids meals
Prob should have quoted that to make it clearer
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Yes I was responding to an earlier question about if they had had kids meals
Prob should have quoted that to make it clearer
I guess you meant mine. I obviously thought they were much younger!
Old 28 Oct 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

We've eaten at Satu'li twice this week and had portions big enough to share with a 16 and 18 year old. Weve not found any of the portion sizes to be small so far. You can see all the food and portions on my live food report: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150176

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19

Edited at 10:52 PM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

Maybe we just have small appetites, but DH and I got back just over a week ago and we shared all but one QS meal as we felt the portions were so big. The only exception to this was in Epcot, where portions were so small we ended up having a table service meal instead. We ate at Satuli Canteen, Docking Bay 7, Pecos Bill to name a few,
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

When we went in August we found all portions to be big enough. I often shared mine with my 12yr old and we were fine. I know the heat often effects us making us less hungry but my eldest and her father were fine on the portion sizes. As you say you may have hit a bad day.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Pjamas
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We are here now and have big appetites and have found the portion sizes perfect. Satuli Canteen served big bowls of food - best food we have had also practically empty in the middle of the day and loads of choice for tables - very relaxing. The kids meals were small but so is my 5 year old so he was full. We haven’t felt the need to top up in fact we are full all the time.
Pjamas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I haven’t been since 2018 but have had over a decade finding almost all the QS meals really big every year, every meal. I wonder if this is more Disney cost cutting? Me and DD often share QS meals.
Old 30 Oct 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I ate at a lot of QS places last month and struggled with all of them, found the portions really large.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Maybe we caught sauli at a bad time then
Kids had adult meals as they are 20 and 15
Just had food at typhoon lagoon and that was was fine
So, just to clarify, what you mean is that it was only the portion size when you visited Satu'li Canteen that you found to be too small?

It's just that in your original post it sounded like you were saying that the majority of QS portions across WDW were tiny and not just an isolated incident?

Anyway, it's just after midday and having looked at all these food photos my stomach's rumbling. Time to eat my relatively small ham sandwich and crisps.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
So, just to clarify, what you mean is that it was only the portion size when you visited Satu'li Canteen that you found to be too small?

It's just that in your original post it sounded like you were saying that the majority of QS portions across WDW were tiny and not just an isolated incident?

Anyway, it's just after midday and having looked at all these food photos my stomach's rumbling. Time to eat my relatively small ham sandwich and crisps.
Sauli canteen and in particular galaxy s edge - ds had the hot pot and it was tiny
Seems like no one else is so it bodes well for the rest of our trip
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List