Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jun 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

What are the benefits of phoning up to change for next year vs cancelling and then rebooking online? thanks

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by jojj View Post
What are the benefits of phoning up to change for next year vs cancelling and then rebooking online? thanks
If you phone and re-book they can carry over your gift cards that were issued for free with the original dining offer last year whereas if you do it online that won't happen

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

Still getting the gift card that was on this years booking - $300 in my case so worth 4 hrs on the phone 😁
Old 13 Jun 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Louck View Post
Now getting the message the office is closed but then it tells you they are open till 7pm!?
They probably allowed for the queuing time - would be miserable to wait a couple of hours and then they close them.
Old 13 Jun 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
I am currently still awaiting a call back from them put the request in at 3pm so hoping that I do get the call back today otherwise its gonna have to be tomorrow phone lines are now shut as theres too many people on hold and they close in an hour so I really hope they're able to answer my question!

I'm happy to accept the offer but my balance is due on July 17th and I don't want to pay all that money when all 4 parks have only been operational for 2 days so I wanted to know if the balance date could be pushed back so I am able to keep an eye on flights, travel guidance and how the parks are functioning. Does anyone know if they have been extending the balance due date at all?

meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

oh right! Yes I did get the free gift card, i booked the beach club, I can't rememeber the value now, but definately worth keeping then. I will wait until nearer the time as still trying to decide where to stay instead as I don't think i can afford the beach club anymore unless we eat fries every day

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
alisonjones
Imagineer

alisonjones's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
I am currently still awaiting a call back from them put the request in at 3pm so hoping that I do get the call back today otherwise its gonna have to be tomorrow phone lines are now shut as theres too many people on hold and they close in an hour so I really hope they're able to answer my question!

I'm happy to accept the offer but my balance is due on July 17th and I don't want to pay all that money when all 4 parks have only been operational for 2 days so I wanted to know if the balance date could be pushed back so I am able to keep an eye on flights, travel guidance and how the parks are functioning. Does anyone know if they have been extending the balance due date at all?
I asked for a call back around this time and they called me back about 25 mins ago - I'm still on the phone talking to them as they are giving conflicting advice out - with what I have read today.
Old 13 Jun 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Louck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by traceyt View Post
They probably allowed for the queuing time - would be miserable to wait a couple of hours and then they close them.

Makes sense, hadn’t thought about that 🙈
I do not envy them today!
Louck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneybear
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Has anyone who got through today had a flight inclusive booking with Disney? The email said a full refund if cancelling but not sure if this includes the flight deposit too.
Disneybear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Finally managed to get through and speak to an amazing cast member by the name of Adeline, she was able to push back my balance due date by a month (now not due until August 13th) and let me know that if I decide to cancel I would get all my money paid so far back. She did state if I accepted the offer I could cancel at a later date, due to uncertainty with flights, but normal T&Cs apply so we would end up losing £50pp deposit and have to pay £50pp cancellation fee