Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Oct 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

My addiction

I was making 2 costa filtered coffees a day at home, but now I drink 3 costa filtered a day. I am worried that this could harm my very delicate body and I wiill go to 4 coffees and so on.

Any help, support, advice, criticism or even pixie dust welcome?

Edited at 09:08 AM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
It only takes three days to clear a system of addiction to coffee so I suggest you go to a hermit retreat for a long weekend and when you return coffee will be a distant memory
Think of all the money you will save!
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
It only takes three days to clear a system of addiction to coffee so I suggest you go to a hermit retreat for a long weekend and when you return coffee will be a distant memory
Think of all the money you will save!
Thank for your advice, but I don't think I could manage without my costa filter coffee as it gives me comfort, plus it doesn't cost much to make out home.

I accept I'm in denial, but addiction isn't an easy thing to come to terms with.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have my vices, but hate coffee so cant help. I used to see colleagues go out and get 2 or 3 large Starbucks a day! Must have cost them £100 a month!
Get some Yorkshire Tea down you MH😊
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I drink maybe 5-6 a day from my bean to cup- don’t worry about it is my advice, and it also keeps the old bowlage regular so happy days.
I’d also support the above Yorkshire Tea advice for obvious reasons.
Old 8 Oct 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Don't worry about it unless you get a cake addiction MH 😉👍

Edited at 09:48 AM.
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

Are old people allowed to drink coffee ? 🤔😉😄

I think at your age it will be fine 😄, just enjoy life, maybe try and go back down to 2 though, just pretend you’re at work and schedule your coffee as you did then. I think all your old people spying will take up a lot of your day so it could be doable ! I’m sure you can do it, we are all behind you MH !
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
I have my vices, but hate coffee so cant help. I used to see colleagues go out and get 2 or 3 large Starbucks a day! Must have cost them £100 a month!
Get some Yorkshire Tea down you MH😊
I can't stand tea. I used to spend an average of £9 a day in costa and starbucks but fortunately that has stopped.
Old 8 Oct 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Can't you get decaff?

I'm a real pleb and like my instant Nescafé, sorry I'm sure that's caused some pearl clutching and smelling salts. Keeps me off the wine anyway.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Can't you get decaff?

I'm a real pleb and like my instant Nescafé, sorry I'm sure that's caused some pearl clutching and smelling salts. Keeps me off the wine anyway.
I've tried decafe and I just don't like the taste (although I do occasionally drink decafe diet coke). I just couldn't drink an instant coffee it would cause me emotional problems. I haven't eaten any goodies since the weekend which is very rare for me and I'm even trying to fight my alcohol addiction.