Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jan 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
There was also what looked like fruit cake or Christmas cake in that communal park dogs and humans alike go in a couple of summers ago.
There are some truly vile people about. I get that many people don't like dogs but to deliberately put them at harm is just awful. Woe betide anyone I ever found doing that.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by Nannad View Post
He probably found it hard to set, was it a humane one, or something that would cause a mess. In the village next to us, a few years ago someone was putting poison down for cats, lot of odd people around. Del
No it wasn’t the humane one it was the big snappy one , glad it wasn’t set as I kicked it lol.
Old 18 Jan 21, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Very toxic, including dried fruits. Mince pies, Christmas cake and Christmas puds are a real poison risk to dogs each Christmas.
What about wine? I'm not suggesting going for a drink with the dog but if they did drink my wine is that an issue
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
I think we are completely on the same wavelength actually,
As the first thing she said was when he said who put that there was , not me , definitely NOT me, like she knew he was angry it wasn’t where he had left it.

Said to hubby , I would have expected her to say , what is it, what’s that etc I felt it was exactly that ie , she was saying it like there was an issue with it.
Maybe he was just as confused as you as to who put a rat trap there.

You don't know it was him and rather than put in the bin you've chosen to put on his strip.

I didn't know about grapes and it could be like others have suggested it's been dropped entirely innocently. What if a neighbour put some out for a bird and a bird has dropped it? Of it's fell from someone's shopping or rubbish?

The glass is strange but again you don't know it was him. Maybe he smashed something and.just didn't pick it all up?

I'd mention it in passing to all your neighbours that you're worried, as you've seen broken glass and the trap, that someone is messing around your cars so you are putting a camera up to protect your property and also reporting to the Police. Also ask if they've seen anything strange too.

That way, if it's him, he knows you're watching and if it's not then you've not accused him of anything.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would have a word or get dh to, I’d say someone’s been putting out rat traps, broken glass and grapes which could be very bad for our dog or other animals so you’ve reported it to the police and could they keep a lookout! I bet it stops
Old 18 Jan 21, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Maybe he was just as confused as you as to who put a rat trap there.

You don't know it was him and rather than put in the bin you've chosen to put on his strip.

I didn't know about grapes and it could be like others have suggested it's been dropped entirely innocently. What if a neighbour put some out for a bird and a bird has dropped it? Of it's fell from someone's shopping or rubbish?

The glass is strange but again you don't know it was him. Maybe he smashed something and.just didn't pick it all up?

I'd mention it in passing to all your neighbours that you're worried, as you've seen broken glass and the trap, that someone is messing around your cars so you are putting a camera up to protect your property and also reporting to the Police. Also ask if they've seen anything strange too.

That way, if it's him, he knows you're watching and if it's not then you've not accused him of anything.
I didn’t put it in his “strip “ I left it beside his bin yes but in our communal area.

As for grape yes I guess maybe , but maybe am right ? It’ was lying no where near the bins or where shopping would come from

As for the glass , it was placed strategically along the strip behind his car, it was a broken bottle deliberate placed sharp edges up

Edited at 07:25 PM.
scottishmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
What about wine? I'm not suggesting going for a drink with the dog but if they did drink my wine is that an issue
I am not too sure to be honest but I would assume the same. I will ask dd when she comes in.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Wine is not ‘harmful’ to dogs - but they can get drunk. Onions are also toxic to dogs. Really got to be careful if they find something and let’s face it they will eat it.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
Wine is not ‘harmful’ to dogs - but they can get drunk. Onions are also toxic to dogs. Really got to be careful if they find something and let’s face it they will eat it.
Alcohol is toxic to dogs - even a small amount can be, just like chocolate and the other things mentioned.

Another very harmful thing for dogs is mould, so eating mouldy bread/food can be fatal.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

OP - I’d be concerned too, and would maybe do what some others have suggested, mentioning it in passing and saying you’ve reported it etc.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List