Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Nov 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Complaining to VA

Does anyone know if there’s any point complaining to Virgin Atlantic about the lack of reward seat availability? We took an open ticket after being assured more rewards seats than normal would be made available but they haven’t been and I’m now sitting with an outbound but no inbound. I’ve tried Twitter but got nowhere. Does anyone know of the best route for complaints?

I realise it probably won’t get me anywhere but it’ll make me feel better.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
jordanski
Excited about Disney

whatsapp?
Old 3 Nov 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by jordanski View Post
whatsapp?
I’ve started a WhatsApp chat and waiting on a reply but to be honest I already complained to them when they replied to say there were no seats left. I made the point that there were when i texted but the reply took so long they were now gone .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile

unfortunately what’s app can take days to get a response, I have not seen any premium seats available for next aug so I have had to upgrade to upper class using our upgrade vouchers.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

you are still a long way from the flight so more seats may get released
Old 3 Nov 20, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by tinkerella123 View Post
unfortunately what’s app can take days to get a response, I have not seen any premium seats available for next aug so I have had to upgrade to upper class using our upgrade vouchers.
Unfortunately there are no reward seats in any class for my date.
Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
you are still a long way from the flight so more seats may get released
I know you’re right but I’m just really annoyed at the poor customer service. I don’t think Virgin needed to take the stance when offering open tickets that there needed to still be miles seats available. They could have just treated them like vouchers and allowed us to book as soon as flights were released. All they’re doing is piling on more stress and upset.

Trip Report Index
Old 3 Nov 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Unfortunately there are no reward seats in any class for my date.
I don't know your circumstances, but is flying home via MIA an option? Might there be reward seats on that route?

Some routes seem to have a real lack of rewards, we wanted to fly home from Vegas, but no reward seats at all on suitable dates, plenty from LAX, so we're going to have to drive there instead.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by BigSkip View Post
I don't know your circumstances, but is flying home via MIA an option? Might there be reward seats on that route?

Some routes seem to have a real lack of rewards, we wanted to fly home from Vegas, but no reward seats at all on suitable dates, plenty from LAX, so we're going to have to drive there instead.
No definitely not. Has to be MCO to GLA. We were really lucky last year with miles flights so I stupidly used the miles boost to buy more for this year so we could go PE. It still saved us a bit of money but now here we are stuck with a stupid open ticket that’s currently useless. Not only that but even if we wanted to pay cash the flights have gone up to a ridiculous amount today. Upper is cheaper than economy at the moment!

I realise I’m being slightly ridiculous as the flights have only just been released a week or so ago but I’m annoyed that VA told me more miles seats would be made available due to all the people taking open tickets. It clearly wasn’t true. Now I feel like we should have taken the refund and it would have at least went some way to paying for an economy ticket and we might have been able to use the miles refunded to upgrade.

Trip Report Index
Old 3 Nov 20, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
No definitely not. Has to be MCO to GLA. We were really lucky last year with miles flights so I stupidly used the miles boost to buy more for this year so we could go PE. It still saved us a bit of money but now here we are stuck with a stupid open ticket that’s currently useless. Not only that but even if we wanted to pay cash the flights have gone up to a ridiculous amount today. Upper is cheaper than economy at the moment!

I realise I’m being slightly ridiculous as the flights have only just been released a week or so ago but I’m annoyed that VA told me more miles seats would be made available due to all the people taking open tickets. It clearly wasn’t true. Now I feel like we should have taken the refund and it would have at least went some way to paying for an economy ticket and we might have been able to use the miles refunded to upgrade.
It might have been true and other people might have booked them before you got chance to.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Have to agree with OP as have been checking virtually every day on the GLA - MCO route and haven't seen any miles seats.
On some days there are no economy classic seats available and on others PE & Upper are cheaper than economy classic but still way over my budget.
If I wanted to use VA I would have to go to LHR and fly from there.