Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 31 May 18, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by beanbunny View Post
Could anyone tell me what to expect on a daily basis from mousekeeping? How often should they change sheets etc? How much do you tip daily?
Hey there...it’s hard to say what to expect daily tbh. We’ve had very different experiences...the best of which was at AKL where they made the beds every day, and changed the bedding fully weekly unless requested to do it or not for a specific reason. Fresh towels were put in daily if required and they based this on how many used towels were left in a pile on the floor. Bins were emptied daily and just general clean and tidy.
However at the Poly, we sometimes didn’t get anyone in at all tbh! So, beds were often not made, which is no biggie but bins weren’t emptied for a day or 2 etc which wasn’t ideal or expected! Not worth having a meltdown over though. Sorry, hopefully someone else will come on who can give a more accurate explanation of what should be done.
And regarding amount to tip...we normally go by the $1 per person per day, and tip daily in case it’s a different person...hope this helps 🙂
Glenbrook Villa & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2009, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Polynesian 2014, The Wedding Pavilion & The Polynesian 2016, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Disney Dream & The Yacht Club 2018, The Disney Dream & Animal Kingdom Lodge club level 2019,
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 18, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Prices at the Poly I'd expect daily beds made and bins emptied at an absolute minimum. I do know some people don't realise DVC doesn't have daily housekeeping though.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 18, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by beanbunny View Post
Could anyone tell me what to expect on a daily basis from mousekeeping? How often should they change sheets etc? How much do you tip daily?
Originally Posted by PumpkinKitty View Post
I think all the resorts are hit and miss no matter which category they are.
We had to complain at POR last year too .
Saying that though , it doesn’t put me off a whole hotel I would just be double checking if I visited again
In all the years we have visited POR (including the days when it was Dixie Landings) we have never had a complaint. Beds always made, room always fully cleaned and replenished. Have we been lucky ?🍀, I like to think everyone had the same experience
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 18, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
In all the years we have visited POR (including the days when it was Dixie Landings) we have never had a complaint. Beds always made, room always fully cleaned and replenished. Have we been lucky ?🍀, I like to think everyone had the same experience
I think we were just “unlucky” as hadn’t heard a bad thing before we went .
The food court was really filthy too but after we spoke to a lovely lady at reception we saw a couple of senior staff checking the food court and our room was ok after that
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 18, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Prices at the Poly I'd expect daily beds made and bins emptied at an absolute minimum. I do know some people don't realise DVC doesn't have daily housekeeping though.
Yeah we expected this too tbh, and it defo wasn’t DVC. However...I’ve maybe been a bit unfair as I realise I should’ve mentioned that partly the reason we didn’t bring it up with the hotel was that hurricane Matthew hit Orlando around 6 days into our Poly stay! Can’t imagine that this is why we had limited housekeeping from day 1 and for the full 16 nights but it obv impacted things negatively due to the poor staff having to work longer/stay for the worst of the affected days.
Hurricane reasons aside though we still felt the Poly wasn’t as clean etc as AKL...in fact when we turned down the bed on our first night a box of tobacco stuff (the stuff that gets chewed...no idea what it’s called?!) fell out from the tucked sheets 😕

Edited at 08:57 PM.
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 18, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We have stayed at AKL three times and it’s always been clean and the staff helpful. The op hasn’t actually stated what was wrong with the cleanliness in the room though. I’m not super fussy, but I can’t stand other people’s hair anywhere. If I see one on a sheet, in the bath etc., it puts me right off.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 18, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Six times onsite ranging from pop to Saratoga Springs, never had any issue with cleaning etc.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Hi
I am back 2 weeks and we stayed at Jambo house during our stay I actually emailed the general manager to praise house keeping our room was spotless and cleaned to a high standard , we didn’t have any issues
We have stayed on site many times and only had minor issues which have been resolved quickly as I would bring it to their attention

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We had bed bugs. And a large gathering of dust and hair around the skirting board in every corner. I will post some photos when I get back. It was disgusting. The way we have been dealt with was ok but not understanding offered a 2 night complementary stay at any deluxe hotel or 200 us dollars. On our final day late check out of 1pm was agreed with the front desk. I took my kids to the park to use faspasses. Come back to find that house keeping had been knocking and on the 3rd ocaision called my wife a liar. They even had front desk call my wife to tell her to leave at 11am. Front desk denied any late check out had been granted (I was shown it on the screen by concierge as approved to 1pm)

There's more but I will evaluate more when I get home.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

That’s awful and not what you expect at any deluxe hotel
These are expensive stays and you would expect certain standards

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List