Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 28 Nov 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
#11
munmun
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: May 10
Originally Posted by Ld1978 View Post
Weíve had a case in year 1 (asymptomatic and only knew as sibling at nursery was tested) and my daughter is in year 2.

I have an extremely vulnerable dad who still wishes to see kids and in childcare bubble. We are doing Xmas with him and my mum but it got me thinking if the need to isolate arose in the lead up to Xmas that would scupper Xmas day.

Debating taking her out two weeks early so we know we will definitely be together Xmas day.

Has anyone else thought about it?
It seems your parents are already caring for your kids so what has changed.

I am going to give my opinion because you ask the question. I think removing your child from school so they can have xmas day with people you are already seeing shows a lack of respect for education and is an extremely bad example to set your child.

Sorry probably not what you want to read but you asked the question!
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
#12
Evil queen
Imagineer
 
Evil queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 11
I think a senior school in our county, but not local to me, is considering just this. They are discussing home learning from the 10th December as any positive cases within the school after this would lead to groups of children isolating for 14 days and therefore not being able to o have a family Christmas. Itís less about your individual child catching it and having symptoms and more about the bubble isolation really. Imagine breaking up for school on the 18th and then getting an email over that weekend saying your child had to isolate which would be pretty much for the whole of the Christmas holidays. Itís an interesting one- Iím intrigued to see how it plays out at that school and whether others follow suit.
Evil queen is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
#13
Ld1978
Thread Starter
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 16
I work from home, hubby decorates currently in an empty house and parents donít go out so yes we would all be isolating. I donít go to shops or go anywhere as it is. Xmas is different to know as itís a special day and I donít want to risk not being able to be together. If it happens now itís not a special day.

Sheís year 2 and would only be 5 extra days most of which are nativity Xmas dinner day and less learning. For me I feel comfortable in her missing that one extra week (as do lots of parents in the school as many are talking about doing it)

The child was tested as their sibling had a positive test after being sent home from nursery. The year 1 child had no symptoms
__________________
Planning for 2020
Ld1978 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
#14
Ld1978
Thread Starter
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 16
Originally Posted by munmun View Post
It seems your parents are already caring for your kids so what has changed.

I am going to give my opinion because you ask the question. I think removing your child from school so they can have xmas day with people you are already seeing shows a lack of respect for education and is an extremely bad example to set your child.

Sorry probably not what you want to read but you asked the question!
Thatís fine you are entitled to your opinion but not one I share. Sheís just turned 7 where in some countries they donít even start school. One extra Week for me isnít an issue. I think bad example and disrespect is a little ott but your opinion and I respectfully disagree
__________________
Planning for 2020
Ld1978 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
#15
jdouds
Imagineer
 
jdouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 09
Hi in your own words you have someone extremely vulnerable, just stand back and think what you have said.
Why would you let Christmas be a chance for infection.
Surly itís better not to have them for Christmas and wait for vaccine and a time that is more appropriate.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
#16
GoldenAvalanche
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Mar 19
Kids and I are spending Xmas alone, Iím not having them missing any more school than they already have this year, my DH is working away so itís just me and the kids, but Iím not mixing unnecessarily with vulnerable family members nor disrupting the kidsí education any more. Itís one Christmas, vaccine is around the corner, I really donít see the fuss people are making.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
#17
Bolto6
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Bolto6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 12
Location: Nottingham
Originally Posted by Ld1978 View Post
The child was tested as their sibling had a positive test after being sent home from nursery. The year 1 child had no symptoms
The child shouldnít have been tested unless they displayed symptoms...

I can see this becoming a thread like taking kids out of school for holidays. IMO if there is no good reason to remove them from school (and spending Christmas together is one of those for me, weíve decided as a family to now wait until Easter,) then it should be subject to the usual £60 fine.

Sorry I know you donít agree, but my DD is 5, and she rarely gets to see her grandparents at the moment (usually sees my mum every weekend in Winter,) it just something we have to deal with, sadly.
__________________
1992 / 1995 / 1997 - With Mum, Dad and brother
2006 - With Mum
2007 / 2008 / 2010 / 2012 / 2014 - With my husband (married 2014)
2018 - First visit for my daughter and as a family
Bolto6 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
#18
Blue nose
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Mar 16
Originally Posted by Ld1978 View Post
I work from home, hubby decorates currently in an empty house and parents donít go out so yes we would all be isolating. I donít go to shops or go anywhere as it is. Xmas is different to know as itís a special day and I donít want to risk not being able to be together. If it happens now itís not a special day.

Sheís year 2 and would only be 5 extra days most of which are nativity Xmas dinner day and less learning. For me I feel comfortable in her missing that one extra week (as do lots of parents in the school as many are talking about doing it)

The child was tested as their sibling had a positive test after being sent home from nursery. The year 1 child had no symptoms
It's sounds like you can all isolate but if you are seeing each other now I still don't see what is different. Will you stop seeing each other from DD breaking up for the two weeks, just in case, so you can have that special day.

To me its not about the risk to your parents, you are seeing each other now. It's about not spoiling Christmas dinner. For that reason only do I disagree with taking her out.
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
#19
Floridatilly
Imagineer
 
Floridatilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 13
Mobile

My husband is a college tutor. They have already decided that all lessons are being done via zoom or teams, or both 🤷 From the 14th - 18th December so no staff or pupils will be in college for two weeks before Christmas (they brake up in the 19th anyway)

We received an updated newsletter from our sons primary school, so far they are definitely staying open until normal brake up.
I am tempted to keep my three off, I must admit, but my husband insists they need to be in school as they have already missed too much education.
So mixed opinions in our house 🙈
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
#20
jdouds
Imagineer
 
jdouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 09
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
My husband is a college tutor. They have already decided that all lessons are being done via zoom or teams, or both 🤷 From the 14th - 18th December so no staff or pupils will be in college for two weeks before Christmas (they brake up in the 19th anyway)

We received an updated newsletter from our sons primary school, so far they are definitely staying open until normal brake up.
I am tempted to keep my three off, I must admit, but my husband insists they need to be in school as they have already missed too much education.
So mixed opinions in our house 🙈
Iím with your husband
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Disney Park Tickets
On 20th November 4:14pm
Park Hopper Option Returns to Walt Disney World Resort on Jan. 1, 2021As the phased reopening of Walt... Read More »
Posted in epcot
On 20th November 11:29am
As part of the D23 Fantastic Worlds Celebration, Disney shared details about the historic transformation... Read More »
Posted in Walt Disney World
On 27th October 3:18pm
Walt Disney World has announced that their entrance gateways to Walt Disney World are about... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.3367
CaxtonFX  $1.3304
Covent Garden FX  $1.3504
FAIRFX  $1.3325
John Lewis  $1.3382
M&S  $1.3179
Post Office  $1.3175
Sainsburys  $1.3350
TESCO  $1.3369
Travelex  $1.3319
Updated: 20:00 20/01/2021
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1000
CaxtonFX  €1.0988
Covent Garden FX  €1.1157
FAIRFX  €1.1000
John Lewis  €1.1019
M&S  €1.0848
Post Office  €1.0839
Sainsburys  €1.0989
TESCO  €1.0998
Travelex  €1.0958
Updated: 20:00 20/01/2021

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now