Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 11 Apr 18, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
b00110908
Excited about Disney

Advice please - 12 nights in June 2018

Hi All,
My wife and I (Aged 26 and 29) are heading to Orlando at the start of June.
We are wanting to be "full-on" and I need help with hours in parks as some people say it's impossible to spend full days at parks.
We want to do all the big rides - if we miss one or 2 smaller attractions it's not the end of the world.
In addition - we won't really be doing kids rides (thinking of MK in particular.)

Here's my itinerary so far - starting with full days
Day 1 - Magic Kingdom (leave around 3pm)
Day 2 - Epcot (leave around 3pm)
Day 3 - SeaWorld (morning and night at Seaworld with relax in afternoon)
Day 4 - Discovery Cove- Animal Kingdom in eve.
Day 5 - Hollywood Studios
Day 6 - Universal Studios
Day 7 - Day off/Epcot for night
Day 8 - Aquatica/Celebration at night
Day 9 - Animal Kingdom
Day 10 - Islands of Adventure
Day 11 - Magic Kingdom
Day 12 - Universal Studios

My plan is to get there for rope drop most mornings.

Here are my questions -

1. What parks can you do all day in? i.e. rope drop to park close.
2. How many hours do you think is enough at each park (using fast passes)

Happy to take on all your opinions.
b00110908 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by b00110908 View Post
Hi All,
My wife and I (Aged 26 and 29) are heading to Orlando at the start of June.
We are wanting to be "full-on" and I need help with hours in parks as some people say it's impossible to spend full days at parks.
We want to do all the big rides - if we miss one or 2 smaller attractions it's not the end of the world.
In addition - we won't really be doing kids rides (thinking of MK in particular.)

Here's my itinerary so far - starting with full days
Day 1 - Magic Kingdom (leave around 3pm)
Day 2 - Epcot (leave around 3pm)
Day 3 - SeaWorld (morning and night at Seaworld with relax in afternoon)
Day 4 - Discovery Cove- Animal Kingdom in eve.
Day 5 - Hollywood Studios
Day 6 - Universal Studios
Day 7 - Day off/Epcot for night
Day 8 - Aquatica/Celebration at night
Day 9 - Animal Kingdom
Day 10 - Islands of Adventure
Day 11 - Magic Kingdom
Day 12 - Universal Studios

My plan is to get there for rope drop most mornings.

Here are my questions -

1. What parks can you do all day in? i.e. rope drop to park close.
2. How many hours do you think is enough at each park (using fast passes)

Happy to take on all your opinions.

We are a couple of similar ages to you and find it fine spending all day in the Disney Parks (we stay offsite/in SeaWorld/in Universal). If I were you I would probably just buy a 4 day Disney park ticket (if you want to go to all 4 parks - we just do AK and MK) rather than a 14 day one which you are looking at from your plans (unless you're staying onsite in which case you'll probably make use of it! But if you're not, factor in all of the travel to and from there as it's a fair distance from International Drive/Universal areas).

I would say no to going to AK after Discovery Cove. Although relaxing, if you do lots of swimming in the grand reef it is tiring too and you may not feel up to the park on the night. Also, as it's all inclusive (and amazing!) you will want to be there as long as possible.

I would also say you may want some more time in Universal/IOA. It has far more big rides than Disney and although we LOVE the Disney experience, we can personally spend a lot more time in US/IOA.

Happy planning!
orlandoamber is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post

I would not do rope drop until close in any park. We are a couple, in our 40s and can quite easily be out every day from 7am until 10pm or whatever, but just could not do it in a single park.

I am the planner and I will plan the first park for every day in order to do FPs. But the expectation would be to move to a different park for the afternoon or evening and would play that by ear a little, unless I had an ADR.

So to your second question, I don’t think I would like much more than six hours or so in a single park. At Disney MK is the park with most rides but a lot of them might be what you call kids rides (?) in which case you won’t need more than a few hours here.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
b00110908
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
We are a couple of similar ages to you and find it fine spending all day in the Disney Parks (we stay offsite/in SeaWorld/in Universal). If I were you I would probably just buy a 4 day Disney park ticket (if you want to go to all 4 parks - we just do AK and MK) rather than a 14 day one which you are looking at from your plans (unless you're staying onsite in which case you'll probably make use of it! But if you're not, factor in all of the travel to and from there as it's a fair distance from International Drive/Universal areas).

I would say no to going to AK after Discovery Cove. Although relaxing, if you do lots of swimming in the grand reef it is tiring too and you may not feel up to the park on the night. Also, as it's all inclusive (and amazing!) you will want to be there as long as possible.

I would also say you may want some more time in Universal/IOA. It has far more big rides than Disney and although we LOVE the Disney experience, we can personally spend a lot more time in US/IOA.

Happy planning!
2 really helpful replies thank you both!
So...we've booked a 7 day Disney pass (got it at a very very good price) ...use it 7 days in 14.
However, for the Universal ones we've only booked a 4 day pass! Should I extend this out do you think or should we just do an extra day at US/IOA compared to my original itinerary?

When I mention kids rides I don't mean to be offensive it's just we won't be doing things like Dumbo. I would say the likes of Peter Pan or Frozen would be on a "if it's not a long queue" basis.

Thank you lots!
Old 12 Apr 18, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
b00110908
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post

Happy planning!
Thanks so much for the help.
What would you change about then? I'm thinking of moving Magic Kingdom evening (down as day 11) to day 9 - keeping Animal Kingdom during the day and going to MK at night just in case come day 11 we're too tired to stay til night time as would be gutted to miss it.
Where would you squeeze in another IOA/US day?
I do like SeaWorld (others disagree) and have always loved the night time show so think we will keep that in although we could potentially change Animal Kingdom after Discovery Cove to SeaWorld evening after Discovery Cove and then on the SeaWorld day do US/IOA in the evening.

Ah how confusing!
Old 12 Apr 18, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by b00110908 View Post
When I mention kids rides I don't mean to be offensive it's just we won't be doing things like Dumbo. I would say the likes of Peter Pan or Frozen would be on a "if it's not a long queue" basis.

Thank you lots!
Knew what you meant and I am sure it is not offensive to anyone. Peter Pan and Frozen are hard to get fast passes for and will have long queues.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List