Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Feb 17, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs Toolman View Post
It just got worse. Our return flight is not only indirect but is to Heathrow not Gatwick! I can't believe we didn't see it. At no time did virgin point this out when I spoke to them yesterday. I've really had enough now. Can see us having to cancel.
I feel awful for not mentioning this before, as LAX always goes to LHR. I thought you knew

Roughly where do you live? We can all have a look to see if we can find a better or equivalent deal?
Old 10 Feb 17, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Is now the time to use social media to demand proper help, or an email to the CEO team?
Old 10 Feb 17, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Toolman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I feel awful for not mentioning this before, as LAX always goes to LHR. I thought you knew

Roughly where do you live? We can all have a look to see if we can find a better or equivalent deal?
Trouble is I didn't have the information in front of me - it was sent to hubby's email and neither of us even thought to check we were coming back to Gatwick! At no point did the lady yesterday point it out! It was only when we rang back tonight that she said about Heathrow! She has now said they will have to ring us tomorrow as no one could help tonight as all managers go home at 5! We are both at work during the day so hard to try to sort. Paul has found a direct flight home 2 days later but no direct flight to Vegas 2 days later so we would have to stay 9 nights instead of 7. We could do that but would need more than 50 quid towards it! We live in southampton
Mrs Toolman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Toolman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Starting to feel uneasy about the whole holiday. There appears to be loads of flights being pulled. Starting to wonder if the airlines know something we don't?
Mrs Toolman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Trouble is I didn't have the information in front of me - it was sent to hubby's email and neither of us even thought to check we were coming back to Gatwick! At no point did the lady yesterday point it out! It was only when we rang back tonight that she said about Heathrow! She has now said they will have to ring us tomorrow as no one could help tonight as all managers go home at 5! We are both at work during the day so hard to try to sort. Paul has found a direct flight home 2 days later but no direct flight to Vegas 2 days later so we would have to stay 9 nights instead of 7. We could do that but would need more than 50 quid towards it! We live in southampton
Oh blimey, so I won't suggest Manchester then

Would staying 9 nights be an option? I know that if anyone on my teams had this happen to them I'd absolutely sign off exceptional leave, but appreciate not everywhere might do this. I assume your folks won't have an issue changing date as I imagine they are retired?
Old 10 Feb 17, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Toolman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

9 nights could be an option apart from the extra cost. It would really depend on what virgin would put towards it. It wouldn't affect my parents and I would just have to hope my boss would agree.
Old 10 Feb 17, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Toolman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

What is worrying me is what if we do this and then virgin cancel that plane too. I just feel sick. We have never had an issue like this before. I feel so responsible for my parents.
Old 10 Feb 17, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

9 nights could be an option apart from the extra cost. It would really depend on what virgin would put towards it. It wouldn't affect my parents and I would just have to hope my boss would agree.
I would be demanding VH subsidise that cost. Unless your boss is very cold hearted Id hope he/she would agree when they hear the story.

What is worrying me is what if we do this and then virgin cancel that plane too. I just feel sick. We have never had an issue like this before. I feel so responsible for my parents.
I really, really, really, really don't think that will happen. They've done the cancellation now, that will be it. It's too close for more.

I wish I could think of more ways to help. I do suggest an email or social media at this stage.
Old 10 Feb 17, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mrs T, I hope you don't mind but Ive started a thread in Chat pointing people here. I think you'll get a lot of better ideas as more people will see the thread that way (more traffic).
Old 10 Feb 17, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Toolman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Mrs T, I hope you don't mind but Ive started a thread in Chat pointing people here. I think you'll get a lot of better ideas as more people will see the thread that way (more traffic).
Thank you so much. Not brilliant at using this site. Hubby has said let's wait to see what they offer tomorrow before we start kicking off on social media. We have been sat playing around with dates which is how we found the direct flight 2 days later. Also tried looking at which other American airports we could fly to from vegas to get us back to Gatwick but didn't get anywhere. We were told by virgin that the other alternative was vegas to New York to Dublin to Gatwick! No way would we consider that.