Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Mar 17, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by snowdrop100 View Post
sounds like an overall amazing time

glad we have made the decision to avoid hollywood this trip and your comments have cemented that (we have two smallish kids)

sounds like the hotel you had the trouble with were looking for a reason to NOT give you a room. possibly trying to get a higher rate on your room?! such a shame though as its to the detriment of the hotel when you write about it on here and people will avoid.
We did thanks

I don't think your missing much by not going to Hollywood , there's nothing there for young children and probably stuff you don't want them to see ..
I'm glad it was me that saw the drugs stuff in a toilet and not a child . It was in a shop that sells sweets in the Highland Shopping Center it's a lovely shop . I told the assistant and she rolled her eyes said it's a common issue and they will probably have to close the restrooms .

The Hilton group ( and I've emailed CEO's) won't give me any straight answers at all , I've been fobbed off with a voucher for a night in Hilton garden inn which is of little use to me .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Hollywood is vile it's tacky and dirty and the people ! Apparently it's far worse at night . My eldest is 18 and it's not somewhere I'd want her walking alone.

And you can't walk 10ft without a cd seller or tour guide pestering you , one told me I was rude because I told him to go away but I was so fed up of them by that point .

And thanks everyone adjusting to being home
Thanks for this. It's clarified my decision. I am going to get one of those private tours, get all the touristy picture spots done that DD wants to see that we can in the time frame... Hollywood done. Then move onto San Diego the next day.
Old 29 Mar 17, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by tinytots View Post
Thanks for this. It's clarified my decision. I am going to get one of those private tours, get all the touristy picture spots done that DD wants to see that we can in the time frame... Hollywood done. Then move onto San Diego the next day.
We drove ourselves around , but yes I wouldn't waste much time there .

There's loads of tours , i would arrange one before you go though rather than waiting till your there .

We had a much nicer time Monday morning driving spring Melrose Avenue, Laurel Canyon and then stopping off in calabasas .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
We drove ourselves around , but yes I wouldn't waste much time there .

There's loads of tours , i would arrange one before you go though rather than waiting till your there .

We had a much nicer time Monday morning driving spring Melrose Avenue, Laurel Canyon and then stopping off in calabasas .
Thanks for the tip. I'm currently looking into the options for LA tours. As its our first time, I want hubby to have a rest from the driving as he will be doing all the driving on our Road trip. I've heard it's quite stressful in LA and with only one night, think it will be easier to leave it someone who knows the roads and can just get us to where we need to best we can then move on
Old 29 Mar 17, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Did you see any celebs? Kendra and the housewives of O C live in Calabasas don't they?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by tinytots View Post
Thanks for the tip. I'm currently looking into the options for LA tours. As its our first time, I want hubby to have a rest from the driving as he will be doing all the driving on our Road trip. I've heard it's quite stressful in LA and with only one night, think it will be easier to leave it someone who knows the roads and can just get us to where we need to best we can then move on
LA traffic is bad all around LA coming in and out of the city, just so slow and heavy, but its ok around Hollywood/Sunset/Beverly Hills etc..

Originally Posted by FairyNuff View Post
Did you see any celebs? Kendra and the housewives of O C live in Calabasas don't they?

Nope didn't seen any, We really went because Chloe loves the Kardashians and they live there, didn't seem them but we did go to the Commons where they go shopping and to the Cinema.

Closest I came to seeing a Celeb was Adam Sandler at the Vegas NASCAR race and Tommy Lee at the Fontana race at the weekend.
Old 29 Mar 17, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by FairyNuff View Post
Need a programme about here. RH of the dibb
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Lol yes
Old 29 Mar 17, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Lol!
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like you had another fab trip. Shame about the hotel and flight home, I would have been stressed at that, I hate being late for anything so the prospect of rushing for a flight is my worst nightmare.
When we were in Las Vegas in February, there were loads of beggars. Some genuinely looked penniless, no shoes etc but there were others begging with the latest brand new trainers on and there was one girl we seen each day that was begging but had managed to put full makeup on and hair looking perfect each day.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List