Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Jun 17, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
barnsleyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile anyone else stranded at Manchester air port

tom144 supposed to leave at 11 orig delayed to 1pm now min 6pm. need a part for plane. not convinced we will leave today. an I entitled to that 600 euro comp?
barnsleyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

if you are more than 3 hours late landing you will be

a knackered plane isnt an act of god/weather etc
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Oh no. Hope you get off soon. We were once delayed by 22 hrs cos they needed a fuse for the strip lighting on the floor! Really annoying and frustrating for you 😡

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

How long can they keep us waiting at the airport before they cancel?

Also I have a car hire booked and the terms and conditions state if over 3 hours late picking it up it may no longer be available. Can Thomson's just leave us stranded at the airport?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
barnsleyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Icclenat View Post
How long can they keep us waiting at the airport before they cancel?

Also I have a car hire booked and the terms and conditions state if over 3 hours late picking it up it may no longer be available. Can Thomson's just leave us stranded at the airport?
I also have a car booked separately with Alamo. anyone have a uk number for them
barnsleyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Is this not the plane which did emergency landing this morning at Manchester Airport.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
barnsleyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by suehen View Post
Is this not the plane which did emergency landing this morning at Manchester Airport.
ohh yes
can see it through the window with engine cases removed. and they expect us to her back on it. rang Alamo they close at 11pm at Sanford
Old 9 Jun 17, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Where about are you looking? I can't see from gate 300?
Old 9 Jun 17, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Sorry to hear you're delayed, its a horrible feeling when you don't know if you're going or not.

Re the compensation - if you're more than 3 hours late you'll be entitled to this. We had it last year from Virgin, they handed us the paperwork as we boarded the plane - we were 9 nights late leaving, completed the form online and money was in our account before we got home 3 weeks later.

I only have Alamo at Orlando, looks like you need Sanford. I can have a look for it and will let you know.

If you need to make calls to US from your mobile and have free alls to 03 UK numbers you can use Zipcall to make the calls for free. I used this last week and it worked fine with no charges. The number is 0333 232 3232, then follow instructions to enter your US number and you'll get through. zipcall if you want to take a look first.

Alamo held our booking for the next day, they said it wouldn't be cancelled before we were 24 hours late. We were 25 hours and it was still live on their system. We went straight to the garage, the man there said that even if it had been cancelled he could have reinstated it for us.

When we were delayed last year on the 11am Virgin flight we eventually arrived at the hotel at 2am US time. At the airport we were told they wouldn't leave us later than 9pm, they had a hotel on standby and transportation. We eventually took off at 8pm I think.

We were told that Virgin staff would remain at MCO until we arrived there to sort transportation etc. We we got off the plane there were lots of staff ready to assist.

I really hope you manage to get away soon.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post

I believe it is 4 hours late for longhaul for 600 euros. It is 300 euros for between 3 and 4 hours late.