Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Aug 19, 03:06 AM  
Link to this Post
MOONCHESTER
Very Serious Dibber

MOONCHESTER's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Ryles View Post
We arrived last night into Miami. Through immigration nice and quick as my son had special assistance. Waited ages for our cases though! Then this is where it all started! Went straight to the garage as we are preferred customers. Loads of names on the board but hardly any had a number next to them, instead it said go to the booth in the garage. About 6 people in front of us and one very unhappy lady serving! She was taking at least 30-45 mins on each person. Turns out there wasn’t any cars available. Then we was told no SUV’s available. We decided to go back up to the Avis desk in the airport as the queue wasn’t to bad. When we finally got to the desk we was told they wouldn’t serve us as we should be downstairs at the preferred booth. By this point we had been waiting over 2 hours. I nearly lost it! I told him we are very, very tired, hot and fed up and to sort me out a car with absolutely NO EXTRAS now! He turned around and said if you speak to me like that mam I won’t serve you 🤬. The family next to me were charged for a sat nav that they didn’t ask for at $21 a day and also other insurance for £48 a week, didn’t ask for any of it! These people are robbers. Anyway in the end they just gave us some rubbish Toyota minivan which wasn’t even clean. We stayed overnight at the airport and are just in our way back to swap it over as my husband hates it! They gave us a free tank of gas to compensate for the wait. Can’t wait to get to Orlando. So far we haven’t encountered one nice person in Miami, they are all so rude!
Your last sentence is very very true, AVIS Miami are disgusting, no service skills at all.
MOONCHESTER is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 03:10 AM  
Link to this Post
MOONCHESTER
Very Serious Dibber

MOONCHESTER's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Foxes76 View Post
We were served by the same woman yesterday! Very unhelpful; I queried why we had a value on the ticket for the estimated charges as it was pre paid but she just moved me along as fast as possible (I have now tweeted Avis about this). Defiantly not a pleasant experience after a long flight..
I think the same woman served me too, on the 13th, all I wanted was pre paid fuel and nothing extra, now confused as to what I have actually been billed for. Emailed AVIS twice, now resorted to Twitter as no response
MOONCHESTER is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 04:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando_Kings
Very Serious Dibber

Orlando_Kings's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I think I spoke to you in the queue! I was just coming on to post the very same thing about the experience! Were you the lady who I told they had no SUVs available and couldn’t give a time for the wait?

Absolutely ridiculous, we got through security in ok time, queue moved pretty quick, got luggage without too much of a wait and then we headed to the car. My name was on the board to say go to kiosk (expected as this is the first time using preferred, or Avis) there was one guy at the counter and 2 people in front of us, in total it took us just over an hour and half to get to the counter. I asked the woman what the issue was and she said the issue was with the cars as they had no large cars or SUVs in at all and were waiting for them to be brought back. She was in between trying to contact people on the radio and on her phone and no one was answering at all, this is why was taking most of the time I think as she couldn’t print any paper work off until car assigned but she couldn’t get any cars assigned as no one would pick up and no stock on the system. There was obviously no air con in the garage, it was now 9pm (2am uk time!) with tired kids, and tired ourselves. I said I would drop a class from surburban to tahoe but nope, no Tahoe and she couldn’t give us a time for a car. All she said was “ Hopefully not long but I can’t give you a definitive time ma’am” (the woman had called through several times to ask for help due to the line but no one would come down!) - I asked if any minivans she said she had only 1 so I said well give me a refund for the difference and will take that, she said (I need to check) that she did a $100 refund and a free tank of fuel - will see if that’s the case!

I need to email someone today to check if the credit and fuel are on my account - what’s the best email to send it to? Also is $100 refund for a double class drop enough or should I be pushing for more? Assume I can’t swap the car at another office for the class we paid for?

We had an hours drive after the car pick up and we were sweating buckets in that garage and I just wanted out.

Baffling to me how they can not have enough cars for people who have pre booked! I understand if you walked in off the street for a rental being told no stock but not pre booked?
We will never use Avis again!
Sounds like we've all had the same person over the past week on arriving into Miami!

If I was you I'd go to a local Avis in Orlando if you've already left Miami as that refund doesn't sound right - plus your missing out on a better grade car!

Sounds like Avis have a fair number of complaints coming this week 😁
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sorry you experienced this! We’ve rented from Miami twice and always had exceptional service. We’re flying into Tampa this year for the first time and using Avis so hoping we don’t have any issues!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

So quick update. Had issues charging my phone so only just been able to do this! Went back to Miami and was given a GMC Arcadia. First of all we went to the preferred booth. The girl gave us a new rental agreement with $686 on, the previous had estimated charges as $0. I asked for one with $0 and she said she couldn’t as we have prepaid! I was getting so confused at this point. So hubby went upstairs to speak to the manager. He gave us an agreement with $0 and agreed to give us $50 back which I’m yet to see and not holding my breath to be honest. Also told us to bring the car back empty which I’m worried about as we don’t have this in writing. It just shows as 1/8 on the agreement. I also have a $100 hold showing on my CC, is this normal? Honestly we have wasted about 5 hours of our holiday dealing with these idiots. Never again!
Old 18 Aug 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando_Kings
Very Serious Dibber

Orlando_Kings's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

So quick update. Had issues charging my phone so only just been able to do this! Went back to Miami and was given a GMC Arcadia. First of all we went to the preferred booth. The girl gave us a new rental agreement with $686 on, the previous had estimated charges as $0. I asked for one with $0 and she said she couldn’t as we have prepaid! I was getting so confused at this point. So hubby went upstairs to speak to the manager. He gave us an agreement with $0 and agreed to give us $50 back which I’m yet to see and not holding my breath to be honest. Also told us to bring the car back empty which I’m worried about as we don’t have this in writing. It just shows as 1/8 on the agreement. I also have a $100 hold showing on my CC, is this normal? Honestly we have wasted about 5 hours of our holiday dealing with these idiots. Never again!
Yes $100 is normal. I have £83 pending in my card

We have the GMC Arcadia too at moment... had it for a week and not sure I really like it
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

We arrived last night into Miami. Went straight to the garage as we are preferred customers. Loads of names on the board but hardly any had a number next to them, instead it said go to the booth in the garage.
I think you will find that there are loads of names without a bay number as there are so many new customers who have just signed up to Avis prefered and with your first rental you have to go to the desk/booth, So they do not put your bay number on the board.

This then creates a bigger than normal queue at the booth.