Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Aug 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

Day 25 - Back once again like a Floriday Master - Chill/Olive Garden/Cinema

Today was a very chilled day and so will be quite a short write up.
We woke up gradually with us all up by about 8.30am or so. After breakfast most of the morning was spent in the pool and chilling out.

Han and I spent some time sorting through our clothes and gifts and starting to pack our cases. I am hoping that if I pack well enough we won’t need to buy a new case which was a possibility at one stage. Two of the three we brought with us have been done so far and are at 22kg and 16kg, so going well so far.

We headed out at about 12.30 to have a final trip to Olive Garden (or Black Olive, according to Eliana – it’s been her favourite this trip). It was really good again and we had a great server, Catherine, who did a great job looking after us throughout.

The others went for Strawberry Lemonade, while I went for a Coke. For food Josiah went for the appetizer Lasagna Fritta, Han had Chicken Piccata, Eliana went for Spaghetti with Marinara (Adult sized) and I went for the Chicken Alfredo.

The food was very tasty and we all enjoyed it but the lunch deal we had last time was much better value for money – we hadn’t realised this wouldn’t be on on a Sunday unfortunately. Josiah wasn’t very hungry during the meal so didn’t really touch his food. The rest of us pretty much polished ours off. The salad and soup were free again as we had them alongside our main courses. Han also had an email voucher for a free appetizer or dessert so Josiah’s was covered by that.

The garlic bread was delicious again as was the salad and the Gnocci and Chicken soup. The meal came to a total of $93.50 including the tip. We took Josiah’s food with us to have when we got home.

After a drive up to Altamonte Springs we parked up outside of the Picture Show. It took around 45 minutes or so to get there and was a fairly easy drive, although it was interesting as we went through Orlando as there are a lot of roadworks at a number of intersections.

As we were here early we popped into the Christmas Store and saw quite a few things in here that looked good. Like when we came before, it’s not a Christmas shop but a kind of Dunelm meets B&M! We decided to get a plaque which said ‘Every family has a story... welcome to ours’ for a photo wall Han has planned for home, as well as some cereal bars to take home. This shop really has everything, including something that I didn't think possible. The Christmas Store is supplied by a company which sells Anti Gravity products!

We headed into the cinema next, after having some fun taking some pictures near the advertising boards outside for some films we had seen advertised.

I thought the taps were the first I had seen in the shape of a reindeer!

We settled in to watch Avengers : Endgame. I was surprised by how many people were in watching it. It must have been something about where we were sat as just as the adverts started, even though there was loads of seats and you could pick where you sat, a group sat right behind us. Under the pretense of moving due to a sticky floor we went and sat across the aisle. Just as the film was about to start another group came in and sat behind us! Oh well, we must have just sat in some amazing seats.

We all enjoyed the film and there were tears, again, even though everyone except Han had seen this film. It was fantastic again and we came out wanting to watch Spiderman : Far From Home as we had been waiting for Han to see Endgame before watching it. She has been on a Marvel journey the last 2 months as, before Endgame came out, she had only watched the Guardians of the Galaxy and part of Civil War. When we came home after watching Endgame, she said she would watch them all in order as there was now a point to it, so, starting with Iron Man 1 she has watched them all now! She has joined the club!

After a slightly longer drive back due to heavy traffic we got back and chilled out for the rest of the evening. When we pulled in I went over to the lake opposite the house. I heard a rumour that in every lake in Florida is an alligator! I had been checking every day and today, noticed something small on the surface of the water. I assumed it was either a leaf or bit of litter, until it moved a little closer to the edge. Eliana and Josiah came over and it chose that moment to float, whole body,on the surface. I was so happy - it was a baby, but still I had seen an alligator in the wild!

Han spent some time finding a cinema to watch Spiderman at and we have booked one in Tampa for Monday, the day we fly, which is not too far from the airport. We had been a little worried about what we would have done when we set off from the villa at 10am as we don’t need to get the car back until 3.30pm.

Around 9.30pm, Han and Eliana popped to Publix to get some milk to finish off our cereal, and also try to find some Salted Caramel creamer for our friend Sarah – so far we haven’t found it in Target or Publix so a final Walmart visit will happen tomorrow!

Tomorrow, chill and finish packing for most of the day, Hash House a Go Go and then Universal in the evening to use their wands.
Trip 4: 3 weeks Villa with Parks 2023
Man v Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Suzieee
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

I love it all! Sad for you that its nearly over. Your holiday is so active! Xx
Suzieee is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List