Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 Jul 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We were planning too but decided to cancel and book a villa instead 👍😄
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I would say they seem to be suffering but they are booked up anyway for my dates - or were - my just cancelled room has just gone back on.
Old 25 Jul 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I would say they seem to be suffering but they are booked up anyway for my dates - or were - my just cancelled room has just gone back on.
YT - which cruise are you going on?
Old 25 Jul 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
YT - which cruise are you going on?
Navigator of the Seas 4 nights, Nassau and the new Royal Caribbean Island.
Old 25 Jul 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
BriarRose
Imagineer

We are just back from 2 weeks at Surfside Inn & Suites and thought I would provide my thoughts;
First impressions were good, the design and décor is very nice and the main lobby is a very pleasant area.
We stayed in a one bed room and thought in terms of room size it was a fair size and seemed bigger than our most recent Disney stay at POR. I would agree that the storage space is not great but think that goes for every hotel room we have ever stayed in in Orlando. I guess that hotels are not designed around guests staying for 2 weeks. There was room to leave a suitcase sitting out that my husband could use for his clothes and it didn't get in the way.
Re housekeeping, beds were made every day, used towels removed and fresh towels provided. On day 7 the beds were changed. I don't know what else I would expect them to do. Certainly not move any of our stuff lying at the sink or on the desk/drawers.
We only bought from the café on our first night, the food was tasty and two of the items were ready to be served (didn't seem to have been sitting around for a while) and one item was made fresh.
The Starbucks was a nice addition and used a few times by us (it's open from 7am - 11pm I think)
Pool - I didn't actually use the pool, we aren't big pool users. My husband agreed the pool was very shallow, didn't bother him as he was just sitting in the pool watching the kids, he felt parents might feel more at ease with their kids using the pool due to the depth. There were also at least 2 lifeguard at all times.
Pool Bar - used by DH, he sat with a drink at night while we were getting ready, no complaints from him.
Games Room - standard based on other hotels we've used
Gym - Dh thought this was of a good standard and lots of equipment.
One thing that we thought was a bit odd was that to access International Drive you had to walk through the Parking garage which I suppose if you have young kids isn't ideal. We queried this but staff couldn't really shed any light as to why there wasn't a proper walkway.

Any other queries, I'll try and help

1998,1999,2001,2004 I Drive, 2005,2006 Pop Century, 2007 Newport Bay DLP, 2010, 2012 OKW 2013, 2014, 2015 SSR, 2016 Portofino Bay & IDrive

Edited at 10:55 PM.
BriarRose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Thanks for the detailed review very balanced and informative and seems like will suit my dd and family.
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 05:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Navigator of the Seas 4 nights, Nassau and the new Royal Caribbean Island.
Oo nice... that new Island looks fab! Looking forward to that review
Old 26 Jul 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
johnny1352
Imagineer

johnny1352's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Briar rose.
Thanks for a balanced review as we are there in a little over two weeks b a and god willing for a 16 night stay. I have watched a few on line reviews from when it has first opened including RixFlix and dis unplugged.
You have given a well balanced review from a neutral point of view and not a professional vlogger who may be giving a point of view that they feel people may want to hear.
Old 26 Jul 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BriarRose View Post
We are just back from 2 weeks at Surfside Inn & Suites and thought I would provide my thoughts;
First impressions were good, the design and décor is very nice and the main lobby is a very pleasant area.
We stayed in a one bed room and thought in terms of room size it was a fair size and seemed bigger than our most recent Disney stay at POR. I would agree that the storage space is not great but think that goes for every hotel room we have ever stayed in in Orlando. I guess that hotels are not designed around guests staying for 2 weeks. There was room to leave a suitcase sitting out that my husband could use for his clothes and it didn't get in the way.
Re housekeeping, beds were made every day, used towels removed and fresh towels provided. On day 7 the beds were changed. I don't know what else I would expect them to do. Certainly not move any of our stuff lying at the sink or on the desk/drawers.
We only bought from the café on our first night, the food was tasty and two of the items were ready to be served (didn't seem to have been sitting around for a while) and one item was made fresh.
The Starbucks was a nice addition and used a few times by us (it's open from 7am - 11pm I think)
Pool - I didn't actually use the pool, we aren't big pool users. My husband agreed the pool was very shallow, didn't bother him as he was just sitting in the pool watching the kids, he felt parents might feel more at ease with their kids using the pool due to the depth. There were also at least 2 lifeguard at all times.
Pool Bar - used by DH, he sat with a drink at night while we were getting ready, no complaints from him.
One thing that we thought was a bit odd was that to access International Drive you had to walk through the Parking garage which I suppose if you have young kids isn't ideal. We queried this but staff couldn't really shed any light as to why there wasn't a proper walkway.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts ... we are staying next year for a couple of nights so it’s good to hear a balanced review. I think I’ll stick with my stay for now but I’ll be keeping an eye on things... other than the unusual access to I-Drive I don’t think I’ll have much to complain about for a couple of nights, although I can understand people being concerned if staying soon and for an extended stay.
Old 26 Jul 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BriarRose View Post

What a fabulous review. Thank you xx

We're certainly not going to change our booking, as it's within budget and seems to tick quite a lot of boxes. We're only staying 2 nights out of a month long stay, so will deal with it if it's a bit of a let down!

Edited at 09:24 PM.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List