Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 1 Dec 17, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Royal Caribbean - Resort to Port Transfers

Hi

We weren't planning to do a cruise this year and have only ever done Disney cruises. As much as we'd love to do another Disney cruise its just not in the budget this year so we've seen a RCL cruise we like the look of.

We will be staying at Disney either side of the 4 night cruise and I asked our US travel agent about transfers. RCL only do transfers to/from the airport, therefore we would need to arrange a private one which is coming in at $140 each way.

I just feel its very expensive, its actually double the cost of Disney Cruise transfers. Driving to the Port is not an option as I don't want the stress of that.

Has anyone else ever booked transfers from Disney to Port Canaveral and back again and who did you use? Was it about what I have been quoted?

This 'cheaper' cruise is starting to get expensive!

Thanks.
Old 5 Dec 17, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Just a thought. Have you considered using an Uber or a Cab to the airport from Disney and then getting the free RCL transport? Maybe then do the same in reverse after the cruise or even use the DME after RCL drop you at the airport to get back to WDW.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 17, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

One way car rental for around £30?
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 17, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Just a thought. Have you considered using an Uber or a Cab to the airport from Disney and then getting the free RCL transport? Maybe then do the same in reverse after the cruise or even use the DME after RCL drop you at the airport to get back to WDW.
I did wonder about this as an option but I wasn't sure if it was a possibility. When you book DME do you not have to provide them with flight numbers to go to and from the airport?
Old 13 Dec 17, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
I did wonder about this as an option but I wasn't sure if it was a possibility. When you book DME do you not have to provide them with flight numbers to go to and from the airport?
If you're going to/from WDW, you are absolutely entitled to use DME. We've done it - just pick a flight and put that one down on the online form. They don't ask or care about it - since you will not be sending your luggage with them anyway.

Does that make sense?

So - let's say you need DME to WDW after the cruise, and the transfer puts you back at MCO around 10:00 AM - use this link:

arrowcast/fids/mco/fi...&airline=&adi=

(hopefully that will work)

...and pick a flight that lands around that time. Or just use your actual flight number & time - but on the day you need it instead of on the day you don't.

Also - you don't have to use both outbound and inbound DME shuttles. We always finish up Orlando at Universal - so just get the shuttle TO Disney - and then an Uber/taxi back to MCO.

We had our first cruise this year - I'm eager to read more about RCL & Norwegian (because BOY are they cheaper than DCL!).

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 17, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
If you're going to/from WDW, you are absolutely entitled to use DME. We've done it - just pick a flight and put that one down on the online form. They don't ask or care about it - since you will not be sending your luggage with them anyway.

Does that make sense?

So - let's say you need DME to WDW after the cruise, and the transfer puts you back at MCO around 10:00 AM - use this link:

arrowcast/fids/mco/fi...&airline=&adi=

(hopefully that will work)

...and pick a flight that lands around that time. Or just use your actual flight number & time - but on the day you need it instead of on the day you don't.

Also - you don't have to use both outbound and inbound DME shuttles. We always finish up Orlando at Universal - so just get the shuttle TO Disney - and then an Uber/taxi back to MCO.

We had our first cruise this year - I'm eager to read more about RCL & Norwegian (because BOY are they cheaper than DCL!).

Thanks for the advice.

I was reading your highs and lows post for your DCL cruise the other night and it was hilarious! I know you really notice the price difference with the other cruise lines but I think when you've only ever done Disney its hard to compare.

I might hold out and just do another Disney cruise. x
Old 13 Dec 17, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
Thanks for the advice.

I was reading your highs and lows post for your DCL cruise the other night and it was hilarious! I know you really notice the price difference with the other cruise lines but I think when you've only ever done Disney its hard to compare.

I might hold out and just do another Disney cruise. x
Thank you. Come back and see all of us in the thread, my friend. We've missed talking to you! (the New York post goes up Friday morning, HINT HINT)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 17, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Thank you. Come back and see all of us in the thread, my friend. We've missed talking to you! (the New York post goes up Friday morning, HINT HINT)
hee hee, it would be my pleasure. x