Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Nov 16, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
sc0301
I want to go now!

Breakfast at AK

Hi

Just wanted some opinions on Breakfast at AK. The safari is the one thing I am most looking forward to at AK, and wondered if it is worth booking an early ADR at the park, then heading straight to Safari.

Is the morning the best time with regards to seeing the animals or is it better to use a fast pass later in the day?
sc0301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 16, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We usually book an 8am reservation at Tusker House then go straight to the safari. This year we got out just as the park was opening and the crowds all seemed to be heading there so we had about a 15 minutes wait. I would say now that AK has later opening that early morning or twilight are the best times to do the safari so it may be better booking a FP for just before sunset.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 16, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sc0301
I want to go now!

Thanks, I have booked us in at Tusker, earliest I could get was 8.10 so hopefully this will put us in good stead for being one of the first to the queue.
sc0301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 16, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jacy29
Proud to wear my Ears

Thumbs up

We had an 8.10am reservation at Tusker House this year and we left the restaurant at the side entrance and were at the safari waiting for them to open it just before 9. We were the first ones on and saw loads of animals.
jacy29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 16, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sc0301
I want to go now!

Oh perfect jacy29

Very excited now... just have to wait another 6 months! haha
Old 16 Nov 16, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We did an 8am ADR at Tuskegee House in May, we were the first people onto the safari (and the longest part of the wait was for enough others to appear and get in the ride for it to start.)

Well recommended
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 16, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
LawrenceFamily
Imagineer

We always do the safari as one of the first things as the heat can be too much for animals at the start of the day. We tend to book a FP for 9:30-10:30 as a lot of people tend to do the same so lines can build up quickly.
Old 17 Nov 16, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 16, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
minniejem
Earning My Ears

We had a PPO ADR for Tusker House this trip and loved getting in the park early, taking photos in front of the Tree of Life and walking on to the safari. I will say however that you might have to choose between meeting all of the characters at Tusker House and leaving when the park opens to do rides. We were seated quickly and ate two plates of food but it took a long time for the characters to reach our seating area. We met Donald but just as we to meet Mickey they went off for a parade around the restaurant with the kids. We waited for Mickey to come back (by then our bill already been paid) then left as it was gone 9am and we could see the crowds walking past the window!
minniejem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread