Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Dec 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

Once again, thank you all SO much.

I know it seems crazy to seek comfort from 'dibbers' but it really has helped such a lot, so thank you.

I was listening to DPark radio this morning and the music from Soarin' came on. We played this music at our DD's 'Celebration of Life' service (we did not want a funeral for her)... so listening to that music this morning was both beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time...

It was a sunny day in April, we played the music from Soarin, we all sang to It's a Small World and we also had music from Harry Potter, nobody was allowed to wear black, all casual clothes...

Anyways, thanks a million, we fly on Wednesday, first park visit on Friday 13th (oh eck! )... big pants on and firmly pulled up.

Ali x

Edited at 02:44 PM.
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Loch Lomond
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Nothing but love to send you. 💙
Loch Lomond is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Thinking of you and wishing you all a great trip x
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

It would be good to hear from you once you’ve settled in and got a couple of rides under your belt.

Linda xx
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

First I’m so sorry for your loss. Keeping happy memories of your daughter and her photos around and speaking about the happy memories is a part of the healing process. Talk about her when you plan and when you get there do something special your daughter would do or something that you and your family can plan together to celebrate her life. You her family knew her well so I’m sure there’s a few ideas that could be a great way to do that.
Maybe look into sponsoring an animal at a private animal reserve in Florida. Have faith that your family will support each other as you move forward knowing that she’s still in all your hearts and alive in your memories.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter, I can't even begin to imagine what you've all been through.

Go to Disney, shed some tears, take your daughter's memory with you and make some more.

I lost my beloved Gran 17 years ago now and I still get emotional from time to time. She lived on Anglesey and when we cross the bridge I always cry, I just can't help it as it evokes so many memories. But somebody once gave me this quote:

“Grief, I’ve learned, is really just love. It’s all the love you want to give, but cannot. All that unspent love gathers up in the corners of your eyes, the lump in your throat, and in that hollow part of your chest. Grief is just love with no place to go.”

And that's how I think now, when I shed tears it's just love that I can't share'.

Thinking of you x
Old 14 Dec 19, 05:11 AM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

Hi all,

So we visited the MK today. We had a ‘nice’ time. DD2 seemed to enjoy herself as she couldn’t remember much about the park as we haven’t done the Disney parks for about five years or so...

I think it just feels like we’re living in a blur tbh. Taking one day at a time as it is just too painful to think about the future in any detail...
It seems like the longest time since DD1 died but as painful as if it happened yesterday.
I have a strange feeling, like I’m waiting for it all to get better but of course it won’t. I’ve never had a problem in my life that I couldn’t fix in one way or another, clearly I can’t fix this...

As good as our day was I just can’t imagine ever feeling true happiness again?

DHS tomorrow

All in all I am glad we decided to visit the Disney parks

Ali x
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm so glad it went ok. Hopefully DHS will be easier.

I've had a sudden death this year and relate fully to the waiting for it to get better but knowing it never will.

Sending big hugs. You're doing amazing. Xx
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
JackyH
Imagineer

JackyH's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

It must be so hard for you but you are obviously trying to make the most of it. You will always carry your DD1 in your heart and hopefully you can find some good times during the rest of your holiday. Take care and keep in touch.
Old 14 Dec 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

I'm glad you all had a nice day in MK, I'm sure you felt 100+ emotions all in that 1 day! Sending you and your family lots of good wishes enjoy your day in DHS and the rest of your trip.

Tina x

Edited at 12:33 PM.
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List