Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jan 22, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
americanv8
Apprentice Imagineer

americanv8's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Used my Starling card in Orlando last month, its a bank account though not a currency card. The app is absolutely phenomenal, real class leading and other banks would do well to take a look at it, honestly it blows everyone else away.
As its a current account i just transferred some money into it, used it almost exclusively for restaurant purchases however i also went into Wawa and withdrew cash from their fee free ATMs to pay for fuel, car parking, tips, etc

No foreign transaction fees or any other sort of hidden fee & bank rates for transactions.
americanv8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

We are going without a hire car but our accommodation is a very short walk to a Wawa so that is good to know.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I've used Starling for years as my main bank , and have used it many times (as I have Monzo) in the USA and its always been fine.

i had a issue in Vegas once where the machine didn't give me my cash, It was about 2am UK time, but the chat support is 24/7 I went online explained everything and the funds were back in my account the next morning.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
RescueRangers
Imagineer

Talking about FX rates

Starling use Mastercards FX rate same as a Halifax clarity card. So you would get the same rate on both for example

rates can be seen

mastercard/en-gb/p...-currency.html

Edited at 10:36 PM.
RescueRangers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Another fan of starling here too. I've had an account for years now. It's not my main account but I keep it for holiday spends and transfer money across as I need it. So easy to use and have used it in many countries with no issues.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizzyanne
Very Serious Dibber

Used starling in Tenerife last week. Great exchange rate.
Wizzyanne is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jenksy74
Serious Dibber

Only issue I have with using my Starling account to using my Revolut is that my Starling is my everyday bank with d/d's etc and keeping a track of separate spends etc might be easier across with Revolut... I can't see there being much of a difference with rates... maybe a few dollars or so...I will decide nearer time.

T
Jenksy74 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
V09
Earning More Ears

Monzo or Chase work at Mastercard rates of the day and can be topped up from normal banking apps easily
V09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List