Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 May 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
sweetemotion
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 114
Who remembers the old Disney TV ads?

We were just talking about old adverts that we remembered from the 90s (thats "old" for me) and I used to absolutely love the old Walt Disney World adverts in the UK.

The two I always remember is the one where it's a rainy day and then postman is skipping down the street and drops off a planning video - back when it was VHS and when it drops to the floor "pixie dust" comes from it.

I absolutely loved watching the planning video when I was a kid - I fell in love with Grand Floridian right away!

The other one I remember (don't think it was the same ad?) is the one where the kids are up late at night talking and the mum goes into the room to tell them to go to sleep and they say "I can't I'm too excited"

Then the mum goes back to her room and tells her husband to go to sleep and he says "I can't I'm too excited!" Or something along those lines.

I've now been watching old Disney ads on youtube.

What ads do you remember?

WDW - 96, 99, 00, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 17
DLP - 98, 01, 02, 10 DLR - 11, 12, 14, 18 15
Las Vegas - 11, 12, 13x2, 14, 18x2
WDW Cast Member 17 - 18 14 U.S. States & Counting!
sweetemotion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sweetemotion View Post
We were just talking about old adverts that we remembered from the 90s (thats "old" for me) and I used to absolutely love the old Walt Disney World adverts in the UK.

The two I always remember is the one where it's a rainy day and then postman is skipping down the street and drops off a planning video - back when it was VHS and when it drops to the floor "pixie dust" comes from it.

I absolutely loved watching the planning video when I was a kid - I fell in love with Grand Floridian right away!

The other one I remember (don't think it was the same ad?) is the one where the kids are up late at night talking and the mum goes into the room to tell them to go to sleep and they say "I can't I'm too excited"

Then the mum goes back to her room and tells her husband to go to sleep and he says "I can't I'm too excited!" Or something along those lines.

I've now been watching old Disney ads on youtube.

What ads do you remember?
Both of those, and we also had that video.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

I remember both of those ads!
I also remover one where the family go skipping down Main Street, but I don’t remember if that was a DLP ad, lots of memories I’m sure at least one of those was on the beginning of an old Disney vhs we had!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I loved those adverts and videos, off to look on YouTube
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post

There are lots of those planning VHS videos on YouTube - great for a trip down memory lane!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Hi

I posted this one a couple of years ago. Enjoy!

Old 12 May 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

I’m in one of these ads as a kid! I’ll have to try and find it, I think it was on the end of the Pocahontas VHS we had...I was filmed in Epcot and got to pick anything I wanted from the shop, I thought all my Christmases has come at once 😂
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

We keep searching for 1993 Disney videos from our first visit, hoping someone caught us on tape.
Funny thing tho is we have got loads of camcorder footage in the cupboard we haven’t watched since the 90 s at Disney.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sweetemotion
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 114
Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
We keep searching for 1993 Disney videos from our first visit, hoping someone caught us on tape.
Funny thing tho is we have got loads of camcorder footage in the cupboard we haven’t watched since the 90 s at Disney.
I love watching videos of Disney in the 90s, I'll never forget how the place made me feel when I was 6 years old. I'd always wanted to go to/live in America since all of my favourite TV shows were filmed/set there

I'll never forget how amazed I was at all the tacky gift shops along the 192

WDW - 96, 99, 00, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 17
DLP - 98, 01, 02, 10 DLR - 11, 12, 14, 18 15
Las Vegas - 11, 12, 13x2, 14, 18x2
WDW Cast Member 17 - 18 14 U.S. States & Counting!
sweetemotion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Not old, but this one for DLP is one of my favourites

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List