Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 12 Jul 17, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile Top Of The World Lounge Tasting Session

Just seen this, every Thursday 5 to 6, $35 a head, blue membership card required. I thus assume DVD have 'commandeered' the TOTWL during this time and resale guests are not allowed in? Is this correct or will they just take a section? Also they have put a notice on the bottom that access to TOTWL is not part of membership and can be withdrawn at any time.
As I understood it TOTWL was paid by dues of BLT. If this is correct, how can DVD take it over, and exclude people (resale buyers) who may be paying dues for the lounge? Are DVD renting the lounge from the resort, and paying money to commandeer the lounge? If yes, who agreed and when? Imagine if DVD said 'we will have a members pool party at BLT, cards only, resale cannot attend' even though resale expect to go in the pool they are paying for. I cannot see the difference.
Any info or observations?
Old 12 Jul 17, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
My observation.
Too early for us to drink
$70 is too much for the two of us to have a few tasters and little snacks
Driving afterwards would be problematic.

I think the concept is good though and very handy for BLT guests especially. Just not for us.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I guess they may be using the same argument as when they closed the attic (albeit they aren't closing TOTWL).

Or Are they able to do this because TOTWL is not usually open at five pm (I can't honestly remember the hours).

This sounds appealing to me definitely. Tom, you could just walk to MK and get a direct bus to SSR to avoid the drive? Or a DS bus and walk home - assuming you'd be in Congress Park
Old 12 Jul 17, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I guess they may be using the same argument as when they closed the attic (albeit they aren't closing TOTWL).

Or Are they able to do this because TOTWL is not usually open at five pm (I can't honestly remember the hours).

This sounds appealing to me definitely. Tom, you could just walk to MK and get a direct bus to SSR to avoid the drive? Or a DS bus and walk home - assuming you'd be in Congress Park
Karen. If I had a drink at 5.00pm I would be in bed by 7.00pm! Ha ha, cannot drink early. Maybe twice a year we may have a Bud in Epcot circa 4.00pm and even then I palm most of it on to my Wife!
Goes nicely with the Champagne I get her at France.

Edit. I still think its a good idea though.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 08:13 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Karen. If I had a drink at 5.00pm I would be in bed by 7.00pm! Ha ha, cannot drink early. Maybe twice a year we may have a Bud in Epcot circa 4.00pm and even then I palm most of it on to my Wife!
Goes nicely with the Champagne I get her at France.

Edit. I still think its a good idea though.
I'm sure Mrs Tom appreciates what a cheap date you are
Old 13 Jul 17, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Bath1960
Excited about Disney

The opening hours are 6pm to midnight so the tasting session is outside normal hours. This way they can restrict it - it is no different to the Wednesday morning breakfast they do for new members that buy direct whilst over there.
Bath1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Fair enough as long as DVD are paying rent for the space, it is fine. I didn't know it now opened at 6.
Old 13 Jul 17, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

When we bought our first contract at BLT, before it was fully built, it stated that the TOTWL was not part of our membership.