Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Feb 18, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by TinkerBabe View Post
We stayed in a 2 room suite at the Yosemite Gateway in Oakhurst and had an amazing time! It had 4 double beds in total across 2 bedrooms with a kitchen and balcony, was the best hotel of our holiday. Oakhurst was a lovely little town, great rib shack for dinner and a fab diner for breakfast.
Hi Tinkerbabe

Was it relatively easy to access the main attractions of Yosemite from here? It does sound nice with good reviews.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 18, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

We had varied accommodation in California. Embassy Suites in LA and Anaheim had two double beds and then a double sofa bed, on another trip to Anaheim we stayed at Portofino suites which was two separate bedrooms - one with a queen size bed and the other had a set of bunk beds and a double sofa bed. Mostly we have had two doubles and the kids just grin and bear it for a few nights - hope you can convince your son 😅
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
birdiesX4
Imagineer

Our boy and girl shared a king bed when they were 12 and 14 for three weeks. It was supposed to be a three bed condo but there was a mix up and when we got there it was a two bed with a sofa in the lounge. We took it and the compensation saying knew odnthr kids would have the sofa but when we got in there they decided they weren't bith red and just shared. They have done it as they have got older but just for a night. They definitely woundlt do it now but they are 21 and 23 😂
birdiesX4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
My two just crack on with it... its not a issue.. even as older teens..

If they both come to Charlotte with us in October they will have to share unless they pay for their own rooms and that's not likely..
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 01:51 AM  
Link to this Post
MichelleT
Getting Excited

I'm nearly all booked now with most of the rooms having 2 queens and a sofa bed to keep everyone happy ! It was a great tip to search for rooms that sleep 5

San Fran - Hotel Zoe - 2 queens (they'll be sharing here).
Anaheim - Desert Palms - Studio Suite 2 queens plus sofa bed.
San Diego - BW Island Palms - Suite with 2 queens plus sofa bed.
Kingman - BW plus Kings Inn - Junior Suite with 2 queens plus sofa bed.
Grand Canyon - Yavapai Lodge - 2 queens plus bunk beds.

Still have 2 nights in Monterey, 1 night Santa Barbara, 1 night LA and 3 nights in Las Vegas to book but not found any good deals as yet !
MichelleT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 02:21 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Vegas try the Tuscany, Carriage House and the Rio for suitable rooms that won't break the bank.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 05:15 AM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

my girls hate sleeping together but they top and tail with one under the sheet and one over.they bicker all the time and i have told them if they dont get on and sleep together they are not comming
animal 1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Pookle
Apprentice Imagineer

Now my daughter is a bit older (she'll be 12 and a half) and my son will be 11, I think she feels less comfortable sharing which I understand. She'll be sleeping with me and my son will sleep with my husband.
Old 8 Feb 18, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post

My 2 boys 15 and 14 will be sharing, they don't know it yet! Thought it would be a nice surprise when we arrive! After a few moans and groans and offering the alternative that one of them sleep in the same bed as me or their dad will soon shut them up.

They've only ever shared a bed when we stop at hotels pre flight. So 2 weeks will be fun.
Old 12 Feb 18, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post

I was going to ask the same sort of thing lol. We need a 2 rooms as my wife is disabled so need privacy whilst I do any caring required. Anyone come across the Tropicanna Inn suites?
I was hoping to hire a villa in LA and a hotel in SF (we're going for 21 nights last big hurrah before 2DS are too old to go with us lol) but can't seem to find any. Are there any good sites listing them?

Thanks