Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Feb 18, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Mad Mark
Getting Excited

Many years ago we were at the gate awaiting to board the virgin flight. I'm not one of these people who have to be first on the plane plus we had seats in the bubble any way so we were one of the last on. When DW, DS and I climbed the stairs there were people in our seats. Cabin crew checked our board passes and those in the PE seats and we both had the same seat numbers. We stood there while they were trying to sort it out with my blood pressure starting to rise when back came the hostess saying follow me. back down stairs and then to the front of the plane where there were three upper class seats waiting for us. :-)

1998 - Off Site WDW 2000 - Off Site WDW 2002 - CBR 2004 - CSR 2006 - POR 2008 - Disneyland Hong Kong 2008 - CBR 2011 - Atlanta/SSR 2015 - Michigan/OKW 2017 - DCL/SSR 2018 - ST Augustine/SSR 2019 - DCL/POFQ
Mad Mark is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I've had a few flight upgrades (4 in the last year as I travel quite a bit) but my Father has had a couple of particularly impressive ones

- being called a week before flying to tell him his Economy ticket was being upgraded to Club then, when arriving at the airport, it then being upgraded to First
- a regular flight to Switzerland in the 80s the regular 737 or whatever was 'upgraded' to Concorde. It was needed for an air show flyby over there
gl20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Plato View Post
Does this count?

I once purchased a can of Fanta Lemon from a drinks machine at a Premier Inn and the machine dispensed an extra 23 cans!
This is by far the best one
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Have never had a single upgrade for anything. This includes 9 onsite stays at WDW. My Dad did once win a microwave in our local Coop Christmas raffle in the 70’s when they were new. He kept it for 25 years it was the size of a small shed 😂
Old 22 Feb 18, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

The first time I flew with my now DH, we had booked separately as he was standby on a family member’s staff ticket. He was upgraded to club at the gate, and promptly asked if I could use the seat instead. The same happened on the way back. It meant we travelled separately but it was worth it for me
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

We have been upgraded several times in hotels. Just last year our standard room in Ashville, North Carolina was upgraded to a suite which even included a kitchen. We have never asked to be upgraded.

Over the years we have flown with most airlines and have never once been upgraded. I live in hope and dress quite smart
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

We got upgraded to club level at HRH for 7 nights for my 40th birthday . Given a cake , a special badge and confetti

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

We were upgraded from standard to Club at the Yacht Club.

Standard room to Gulf Front Junior Suite at The Sandpearl in Clearwater.

Both on the same trip for our 30th wedding Anniversary.

Twice we have been upgraded from economy to PE with BA. Still waiting on a upgrade to Club
Old 23 Feb 18, 03:24 AM  
Link to this Post
kaydee
Apprentice Imagineer

We’ve been upgraded to Club in both hrh and yacht club.
Wasn’t overly impressed by hrh tbh but loved the yacht club. We had an amazing view overlooking the lighthouse and loved the club room.