Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Aug 16, 01:54 AM  
Link to this Post
pickster
Trying for More Ears

What's your WDW 'thing'?

We were chatting this morning and planning our next trip...now, we all know its more than rides, shows and parades; it's all the little things that make a Disney holiday so magical and memorable. So, what's your Disney holiday 'thing' that makes it special for you? I know its hard to pick just one but for me (today!) it's calling into Poly forTonga Toast after rope drop at MK, leaving early and then having half an hours chill!
Old 14 Aug 16, 02:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

Sitting outside the GF QS restaurant in the evening, eating your meal and watching the fireworks. AMAZING.
Old 14 Aug 16, 02:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmandi
Excited about Disney

Emmandi's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 27
Mobile

Very late nights in summer shutting down the park after a while in tomorro land then walking for the bus back to Coronado Springs with a cup of Starbucks tea looking at all the Main Street lights, it may be perfection.
Emmandi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 16, 05:49 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Meandering into Epcot on our first day at around midday after shopping in the morning. Just that stroll up to the 'golf ball' past the baking hot leave a legacy plaques and the fountain where each year my husband will say "do you remember when we lost a ball in that fountain?" (After our first ever trip as a couple). Then riding Spaceship Earth and I know I've arrived. Nothing is more my WDW thing than our traditional first-afternoon-in-Epcot visit.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 16, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
Mobile

A Disney pizza on the first night, yum!
Old 14 Aug 16, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

There's so many but I love that point where you're exhausted in MK so just head for the People Mover. I wish I could bring a Dole Whip into it!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 16, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Watching granddaughter Caitlin standing in front of the magic carpets waiting for the camel to squirt at her

Although I do love the Magic Kingdom after dark when everywhere is lit up. Heaven!
Old 14 Aug 16, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by pickster View Post
We were chatting this morning and planning our next trip...now, we all know its more than rides, shows and parades; it's all the little things that make a Disney holiday so magical and memorable. So, what's your Disney holiday 'thing' that makes it special for you? I know its hard to pick just one but for me (today!) it's calling into Poly forTonga Toast after rope drop at MK, leaving early and then having half an hours chill!
What is Tonga Toast? I will be on the DDP next year, will this count as a snack? Would love to try it!
Old 14 Aug 16, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Going to Epcot and getting an Ice Cream in France and sitting on a bench near the water in England watching the fishing boats go by. So relaxing. I love sitting with my DH and just watching the world go by and everyone having a lovely time together.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 16, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
pickster
Trying for More Ears

Oh my! Tonga toast is a thick slice of sourdough bread that is stuffed with bananas and then deep fried and coated with cinnamon sugar. It is served with syrup and there are no more words...
Closed Thread