Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Jul 22, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Buffalo NY, Detroit & Hollywood are a few places I will never go back to. Super sketchy 😬
Old 5 Jul 22, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by HORSE View Post
I’d also remind you never to go to Baltimore, scariest place I’ve ever been
It was ok when I went there in 1979.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
LoopyLoo07
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
Highland Park is 26 miles from downtown Chicago.

Never seen any trouble anywhere tourists are likely to be.

Chicago is a fantastic city to visit on holiday.
Yes I never felt unsafe in Chicago (in the tourist areas, main city of Chicago). I thought it was a really nice city.
LoopyLoo07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by LoopyLoo07 View Post
Yes I never felt unsafe in Chicago (in the tourist areas, main city of Chicago). I thought it was a really nice city.
Yes, Chicago is a city I’d choose to live in if I was in the US. I think a one-off experience can put someone off a place for life but may not be representative. For example, of all the cities I’ve visited in the world (including places like Lagos, Rio, Jo’berg, Buenos Aires) including 30 or so US cities, the only one I could wait to get out of was Miami, yet lots of people on here have had a good time there. I think I must have chosen the wrong location!
gl20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
LoopyLoo07
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by gl20 View Post
Yes, Chicago is a city I’d choose to live in if I was in the US. I think a one-off experience can put someone off a place for life but may not be representative. For example, of all the cities I’ve visited in the world (including places like Lagos, Rio, Jo’berg, Buenos Aires) including 30 or so US cities, the only one I could wait to get out of was Miami, yet lots of people on here have had a good time there. I think I must have chosen the wrong location!
Going slightly off topic now I suppose but Rio was the one place that I have felt really uncomfortable! Was disappointed by Rio!
LoopyLoo07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by LoopyLoo07 View Post
Going slightly off topic now I suppose but Rio was the one place that I have felt really uncomfortable! Was disappointed by Rio!
Yes, to be fair it probably didn’t feel any safer than Miami! And yet the landscape was so stunning, it’s one of my 3 favourite cities, alongside HK and Tokyo
gl20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Yes, to be fair it probably didn’t feel any safer than Miami! And yet the landscape was so stunning, it’s one of my 3 favourite cities, alongside HK and Tokyo
We took a wrong turn in Miami, that was scary. Nearly as scary as when we almost drove into an Air force base.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
LoopyLoo07
Very Serious Dibber

Oh yes don’t get me wrong, it was stunning! I think I just expected more bars and restaurants along the beach front 🤣