Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jul 22, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
J4ckSkellington
Earning More Ears

Insurance - Blowing My Brains!

Travel insurance is really blowing my brains out at the minute, I've been on the phone to Staysure this morning and the agent pretty much said their cover is purely for cancellation, baggage and medical reasons.

I'm a DIYer, and I honestly think i'm over thinking things despite many visits to the US, because of everything in the news.

My daughter is not covered under COVID cancellation as she is unvaccinated and fully understand that.

If my flight is cancelled I know I have to argue that with the airline and or the credit card company.

Just wondered if anybody has had the pleasure of trying to get hotel, car hire, tickets etc back in the event of cancellation?
Jun 06 Quality Inn Plaza Nov 08 Holiday Inn International Drive Nov 09 Cypress Pointe Grandevillas Nov 10 Orange Tree Villa Nov 12 Orange Tree Villa Nov 13 Springhill Suites Orlando at SeaWorld Nov 14 Art of Animation Nov 16 Calabay Parc Villa Nov 17 Hotel Cheyenne Feb 18 Rosen Centre Nov 19 Calabay Parc Villa Aug 22 Dockside Inn and Suites
J4ckSkellington is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloudberry07
Trying for More Ears

I cancelled my surestay insurance because they wouldn't cover my 10yo incase he caught covid and needed medical attention. Took out insurance with Churchill who will cover this but 9 days later and still not received any paperwork from them. Cant help with the other questions but thought I'd let you know about other insurers who will cover your unvaccinated child.
Cloudberry07 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ufonix
Earning My Ears

Avoid Staysure at all costs. We used them in NYC in 2018 when our 8 year old daughter (at the time) fell ill. Staysure authorised a emergency Doctor call out but then refused to refund us the £2500 in costs.

In the end we had to take our case to the Financial Ombudsman. We won and got of the expenses paid back. They claimed to not have phone recordings until they mysteriously discovered them on a final appeal (which failed).

Insurance is worthless if they don't pay out. We booked with LV Travel Insurance this year.
ufonix is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Kcstyle
slightly serious Dibber

still waiting on them to payout from the start of April 2022... I am definitely avoiding staysure ...
Kcstyle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We just got a payout from staysure today, I posted my forms about a fortnight ago. It was only a flight I claimed for as my son couldn’t come due to health issues.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

We are with LV basic package but good for my family.
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
making49
Imagineer

making49's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I have a claim with Staysure from Feb, their last email quoted they would reply within 6 weeks. I am not impressed with their lack of help at the time, lack of advice re the claim and the time it's taking overall. They sent out emails saying not to phone either.
We have an annual policy but I'd be too scared to use it again, I've lost all confidence in them.
I've always said that you never know how good a policy is until you need it, now I know. Just to add, it cost £1200 for 2 of us.

Edited at 08:25 PM.
making49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
J4ckSkellington
Earning More Ears

I've seen a lot of people recommend them, hence the call.

In all honesty they were poor on the phone, and £375 for annual policy for 3 was expensive
Jun 06 Quality Inn Plaza Nov 08 Holiday Inn International Drive Nov 09 Cypress Pointe Grandevillas Nov 10 Orange Tree Villa Nov 12 Orange Tree Villa Nov 13 Springhill Suites Orlando at SeaWorld Nov 14 Art of Animation Nov 16 Calabay Parc Villa Nov 17 Hotel Cheyenne Feb 18 Rosen Centre Nov 19 Calabay Parc Villa Aug 22 Dockside Inn and Suites
J4ckSkellington is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 22, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by J4ckSkellington View Post
I've seen a lot of people recommend them, hence the call.

In all honesty they were poor on the phone, and £375 for annual policy for 3 was expensive
It depends on what health conditions they have.
Concerned is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 22, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ufonix View Post
Avoid Staysure at all costs. We used them in NYC in 2018 when our 8 year old daughter (at the time) fell ill. Staysure authorised a emergency Doctor call out but then refused to refund us the £2500 in costs.

In the end we had to take our case to the Financial Ombudsman. We won and got of the expenses paid back. They claimed to not have phone recordings until they mysteriously discovered them on a final appeal (which failed).

Insurance is worthless if they don't pay out. We booked with LV Travel Insurance this year.
You should have requested a confirmation email from them. Never rely on telephone conversations alone.
Concerned is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List