Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Jul 22, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by garryboy11 View Post
This thread is from 2020 but has sage wisdom from Mr Tom.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1164367

You do have to pay upfront though from memory - regardless how far out your booking is.

Thanks

You can also pay via DD over 6 months it seems- assuming you are booking that far ahead
Old 5 Jul 22, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
garryboy11
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
Thanks

You can also pay via DD over 6 months it seems- assuming you are booking that far ahead
Oh that’s cool. Didn’t know that 👍
garryboy11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Managed to find it here
virginholidays/hol...anada-car-hire

No cancellation or amendment fees
Old 5 Jul 22, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
buzzbuzz
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by garryboy11 View Post
Its strange as VH had always been the cheapest option for us for years - Andy wasn’t able to beat them. But not this year.

So, we are Alamo via Andy this year (unless something dramatic changes in next 10 days!)
I was the same. just saved Ł265 on my Full Size SUV booking by splitting my booking up between Virgin and Andy. Still Alamo but it means I can STC on arrival. I don't mind swapping at MCO half way through, as can easily be up that way. I originally had the whole booking with Andy. We go on Sunday, so this was last chance really.
buzzbuzz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
garryboy11
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by buzzbuzz View Post
I was the same. just saved Ł265 on my Full Size SUV booking by splitting my booking up between Virgin and Andy. Still Alamo but it means I can STC on arrival. I don't mind swapping at MCO half way through, as can easily be up that way. I originally had the whole booking with Andy. We go on Sunday, so this was last chance really.
Def worth it for that saving 👍
garryboy11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridalovermcg
Proud to wear my Ears

I noticed my price had dropped with Uscarhire.com so emailed and they amended the booking which I ended up being upgraded to the Gold Package so get a full tank of fuel as well. I have a referrer code 100294 which got me a wee discount off another booking so also worth a try folks.

Alana
Old 5 Jul 22, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

Is it ok to use random referral codes? I got one from my villa lady but I wouldn't think of sharing it. I'm not saying you've done anything wrong, I just wondered if there was any comeback for doing so

First trip to Florida: June 2013
First family trip: Disney Oct 2019
Latest family trip to Florida: Treasure Island, Universal October 2022
irnjaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridalovermcg View Post
I noticed my price had dropped with Uscarhire.com so emailed and they amended the booking which I ended up being upgraded to the Gold Package so get a full tank of fuel as well. I have a referrer code 100294 which got me a wee discount off another booking so also worth a try folks.

Alana
Thanks. I tried to use this code but it will only accept 5 digits 🤷🏼
Old 6 Jul 22, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by irnjaw View Post
Is it ok to use random referral codes? I got one from my villa lady but I wouldn't think of sharing it. I'm not saying you've done anything wrong, I just wondered if there was any comeback for doing so
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Thanks. I tried to use this code but it will only accept 5 digits 🤷🏼
Just use the APP, it gives you the same discount as if you used a referral code
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by irnjaw View Post
I've used someone's referrer code - no idea whose but it got a better price. they did put it out on facebook land for people to use