Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Jun 22, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Coffeedrinker View Post
Noticed this myself, And where to the dogs go when the dogs need to go?
Think they go in the lockers
2016 Boardwalk Villas
2015 Pop Century
2014 Old Key West
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 22, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

I saw loads of dogs in pushchairs in Universal.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 22, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

I didn’t realise animals
we’re allowed?- obviously service dogs but companion/anxiety dogs?
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 22, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bovril82
Getting to know the DIBB

Wow, this is sad. These dogs are basically being abused 'in service' to a human.

There should be an official register for trained guide dogs with a passport system.
Bovril82 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 22, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

I noticed that some of the sheriff's dogs at the front of the parks didn't have boots on, I was really surprised as the ground must have been boiling
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 22, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Andysaurus
Apprentice Imagineer

Don't even get me started, my last trip in Epcot I saw both a miniature pony and a monkey being dragged around. Getting silly. Dogs I can cope with but a lot of the times it's just people showing off for social media.
Andysaurus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 22, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

This has probably been posted already, but 'emotional support dogs' (or pets even) are quite a thing in the US I believe. I think they can go on flights?
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 22, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by GoldenAvalanche View Post
This has probably been posted already, but 'emotional support dogs' (or pets even) are quite a thing in the US I believe. I think they can go on flights?
They have clamped down on that recently because people were taking the ≈≈≈≈. It’s annoying because those people have ruined it for people genuinely need a support animal.

We were going to move to Canada in august so we were looking at how to transport our dog because he’s too big to go in the hold as the same plane as us, and came across a group who get a load of people with dogs together to charter a private jet, and a lot of those people were having to do that because their dogs were no longer allowed in cabin.
SamH88 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 03:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We. Took our Visla out when we went for 3 months he had a ball even when united lost him in a crate the size of a fist 500 on the way home
Rocky was calm and serene as he always is me I was beyond rational well they had stuck him on the baggage carousel when he arrived and we were waiting in freight for him
Today in AK all 4 dogs we saw had cooling boots on cooling jackets 1 Hungarian Visla called Rocky like our boy in the line for kali the guy did ask why the kids kept say it’s Rocky and we said so he took his working harness off so he could get cuddles
2 labradoodles and a Pomeranian yes she was working her person was deaf and Poms are very animated dogs all had cooling boots jackets on the Pom did have a carry sling for the lines as her owner didn’t want her trampled on both the owners we spoke to:we’re taking the dogs out by 1 o’clock
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
Reminds me of a funny story from this year:
At a Police force I used to work for a new female recruit had comments made often regarding a small felt bag she carried around with her. Obviously in 2022 we can't comment on anything for fear of upsetting anyone but never the less comments were passed to supervision.
The Inspector pulled her in for a chat and asked what was in the bag. She produced a hamster. This was her " STRESS BUDDY" which she carried with her and if she got anxious would get it out for a stroke. I mean of course it was.

I feel I'm now too old for this world and I want to get off please.