Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 Jun 22, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

Autographs and meeting characters

Hello

Has anyone been to WDW recently and met the characters? DD just asked me if they wrote their names in the books we bought and I said I would find out. What about in character meals too? We have 2 lovely autograph books we would like to use!

Thank you!

Edited at 01:25 PM.
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

At meet new greets they will def sing your autograph books, at character meals I don’t think they do
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

Thank goodness for that! DD (and I tbh!) Will be so happy! 🙌🙌
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
jvm32
Trainee Dibber

Pre covid they did sign at character meals, but that may well be different now.
jvm32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jonsgirl80
Imagineer

I’m sure I heard that at chef mickeys they give you a pre signed card printed with all the characters names - I’m not sure about any of the others
jonsgirl80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I really can't remember them signing at either Tusker, Crystal Palace, Chef Mickeys nor Storybook Dining, we do have a few Card/Photos with Signatures on them, one of which is definitely from CMs. M&Gs have slowly been coming back & once they stop the "selfie" type ones then I'd expect Book signing to return in full. As far as your daughter's question, if she hasn't been before, the basics are : if they have real hands they will sign, if they don't (King Louie for example) it is a stamp
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
jvm32
Trainee Dibber

This article suggests autographs are back now as well at a number of the character dining spots.

allears/2022/04/18/full-...-disney-world/
jvm32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

Brilliant! I'm over the moon to be honest. I still have my autograph book that my late mum gave to me (and wrote in for me too) at around age 6/7. I'd love to give DD these happy memories 😍. DS is too young to remember but hopefully one day he will at least keep the autograph book memories!
Old 29 Jun 22, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Regprentice
Gone all Goofy

There now - Everyone we've met except sully from Monsters Inc signed our books. I don't think his suit would allow him to sign

As others have said during covid they used to have A5 cards with printed signatures on which they would hand out to reduce contact.

They still seem to have loads of cards left, so we've been to a few places and been given the card when we arrive, but then the characters have still been happy to sign our books

At Tusker house this morning we were given 4 identical cards, one when we arrived, two when the first character came to the table, and a 4th came with the bill. All 4 characters signed our autograph books as well ... I think they're just trying to get rid of them now.

Edited at 11:53 PM.
Regprentice is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 22, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

That is brilliant news! Did you take a sharpie or just a normal pen? Our books came with a disney pen that I wanted to use but I wasnt sure if a sharpie was better?