Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Jul 22, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

I managed to get a reservation for EPCOT tonight on the dot of 2pm. Im at the Beach club so it’s easier to go there for the 4th July fireworks than back to Magic Kingdom. I think you can tell how busy places are due to queues for restrooms. In January it was ridiculous queuing for the loo. Ive not queued at all this time.

I have not heard that many UK accents - mostly North American
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
MoonKnightess
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
Why did you mention masks in your original post then? and even put a smiley face at the end like it was a good thing
It is a good thing. Part of the magic of Disney is seeing smiling faces.
MoonKnightess is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Glad you are having a good time.

For July park reservations available, lots of value/moderate hotels available, fire sale on values $129 a night and a sale on moderates and now less busy parks. This is the 50th Anniversary and these should be sold out.

Looks like people are voting with their feet and wallets.
Revenge travel bubble bursting and people are not buying what Chapek is selling.

tripadvisor/Attrac...o_Florida.html
These latest tripadvisor reviews from average customers explain it all.

One example

"God awful. Paid a fortune to stay at Contemporary. We had to wake up every morning before 7am to get Genie+. App had glitches and we couldn't get ILL or any of the good LL rides. Why am I paying $1,000 a night not knowing if i can get on the good rides without waiting 2+ hours? Was on my phone all day. attractions overlapped with dinging reservations and that messed everything up. WDW has lost us. We wont be back. It was stressful, expensive and exhausting, overall an awful vacation (you cant even call it a vacation)"

Edited at 11:39 AM.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Pep
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AliceCooper9 View Post

For July park reservations available, lots of value/moderate hotels available, fire sale on values $129 a night and a sale on moderates and now less busy parks. This is the 50th Anniversary and these should be sold out.

Revenge travel bubble bursting and people are not buying what Chapek is selling.

One example

"God awful. Paid a fortune to stay at Contemporary. We had to wake up every morning before 7am to get Genie+. App had glitches and we couldn't get ILL or any of the good LL rides. Why am I paying $1,000 a night not knowing if i can get on the good rides without waiting 2+ hours? Was on my phone all day. attractions overlapped with dinging reservations and that messed everything up. WDW has lost us. We wont be back. It was stressful, expensive and exhausting, overall an awful vacation (you cant even call it a vacation)"
This is great news looks like more room for my family and I when we go in Dec I wasn't going to buy Genie plus anyway now hopefully no need. Starting to get really excited 😊
Pep is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AliceCooper9 View Post

One example

All the more room for me when I go in September 😀😀 I won't be getting Genie +. Rides are not the only reason I go, they're certainly not the be all and end all for me.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
I was here in January for a month and the whole of WDW was rammed busy. I thought it would be mental as its 4th July but so far whilst it’s busy, it’s more pleasantly busy and the atmosphere is super.

The parade today literally took my breath away. I am pleased to feel some of the Disney Magic coming back, which I didn’t feel in January. Things are getting back to normal.

Id say out of 100 people only 2-3 are wearing masks
So glad you’re having an amazing time & the crowds are better than when you visited earlier this year 🙊🤞
Have a fantastic time 🇺🇸❤️
X

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Butts1
Excited about Disney

Relatively rammed at Seaworld today compared to our previous visit last Monday.
Butts1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Was busy ish at TL today. I arrived at 1pm and still found a chair for my stuff. I only walk 100 yards though as too lazy to look for a sun bed. Bearing in mind BB is closed it wasn’t THAT busy

I did extra late hours in EPCOT last night. Saw the amazing 4th July fireworks ( short but fabulous ) and got on Guardians having got a space from the 7pm virtual queue. That ride was heartstoppingly good !
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
A
On the plane going I hardly saw anyone recline their chairs
I like this one

Have a great holiday.

Old 5 Jul 22, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
All the more room for me when I go in September 😀😀 I won't be getting Genie +. Rides are not the only reason I go, they're certainly not the be all and end all for me.
Ive been happy mooching around and just soaking up the atmosphere a lot - plus spending time at Beach Clubs Stormalong Bay