Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Aug 17, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
dazco
Excited about Disney

Thanks
dazco is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
We had 4 nights in 2015. Admittedly not gamblers, we put $1 in a slot, and found that difficult. My wife also a non drinker although I enjoy a slurp.
We ate in Cheescake Factory, which if I recall was regular pricing, and had a lunch buffet in Aria which I thought was very good value.
We liked the shows, and also just looking around the sights.

I agree each to their own, my logical mind struggles with how a $400 meal can be 4 times better than a $100 meal, same with wine.

I have found Californian wine expensive in all the hotels we have stayed in California, up to $75 per bottle is not unusual - so I give it a miss.

Pismo in Seaventure hotel had red pinot noir, locally produced, 1 bottle comp and then $10 per bottle and it was lovely.

Last month in Orlando Walmart's - nice Aussie wines that would be around £7 here were $4 in Walmart.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
You can eat cheaply in Vegas. We use chain restaurants, Gordon Ramsays Fish n chips , Bruxies, and a lovely Thai place in Ballys and all are very reasonable. You can get good deals from Groupon and Travelzoo for places as well. Great deals on happy hours. If you are wanting slightly more high end restaurants you will pay more especially for drink as he mentioned... but then you do in most big cities. There are loads of decent reasonable places to eat. Food is cheaper off strip or downtown Vegas.

Thanks for this, it has calmed me a little. I realise it is probably like any other big city, but it's good to know we can find some reasonable places to eat. It's a special holiday so we've got more spends than we would normally take with us, just means we're less likely to come home with any $$$ for our next trip to the States.
Old 9 Aug 17, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
I've not really looked at food and drink prices for Las Vegas, but this thread has given me the fear a bit! I think I might do some more research just so that I can pre-warn DH before we get there about the prices.
It's not that bad we eat well and don't spend a fortune though i rarely eat on the strip these days .

I'm paying for 4 adult meals each time and it's not bankrupted me yet .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Agree with Daytonababe - it's not that bad! There's so much choice and so many options from food courts to high end restaurants (and everything in between!) that you'll definitely be able to find something to suit both your taste and budget. Yes, wine is expensive but lots of places have happy hours which make a big difference.

I've been 5 times and rarely eat off the strip (apart from the odd meal on Fremont Street) and have never been put off by the prices. Look out for special offers - one of the best meals we had last time was at Charlie Palmer Steak where the "cut of the week menu" was $50 a head but included 3 courses and unlimited wine pairings. There are bargains out there!

It's definitely like any big city when it comes to drinks etc but the food options are plenty. Enjoy

Edited at 10:33 AM.
kateb78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 17, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

👍🏻👍🏻 I'm not going to worry about it any more.
Old 10 Aug 17, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Horses for courses. What 1 person finds reasonable another may not. For me Vegas was more expensive than I expected though some places were fine. I wish I had been a bit better prepared for the highish costs. Still enjoyed the experience but doubt I will ever go back.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 17, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
stardoman
Very Serious Dibber

We've just got back from 4 weeks on the West Coast, spending the last 3 nights in Vegas. Our cheapest meal was at Dennys on Fremont Stret and it was also one of the nicest meals that we had all holiday. So much so, that we went back on our last day.

Paid $63 in total for the 4 of us the first time and that was for mains and desert. This was with a 20% discount card. Paid the same the second visit but we were all too full to have dessert, though we did have a sharing starter and no discount card.

We also enjoyed eating at Panda Express. Found the food tasty and filling. And my youngest son who is fussy discovered that he likes chinese food.
stardoman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 17, 01:38 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stardoman View Post
We've just got back from 4 weeks on the West Coast, spending the last 3 nights in Vegas. Our cheapest meal was at Dennys on Fremont Stret and it was also one of the nicest meals that we had all holiday. So much so, that we went back on our last day.

Paid $63 in total for the 4 of us the first time and that was for mains and desert. This was with a 20% discount card. Paid the same the second visit but we were all too full to have dessert, though we did have a sharing starter and no discount card.

We also enjoyed eating at Panda Express. Found the food tasty and filling. And my youngest son who is fussy discovered that he likes chinese food.
We go to Panda Express and Dennys on the strip and enjoy both.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 17, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
I use the Denny's at Tahiti Village and the one near the Peppermill a lot when in Vegas.

Not keen on the one near the Hard Rock cafe on the strip, never had a decent meal or service in there.

Love Panda Express too, we use the one in the Miracle Mile usually.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List