Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 22 Jun 18, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
We were there today. You can't queue in the normal way

Mickey and incredibles are easy to get. Captain America impossible.

I personally don't think it works unless they can expand it. Currently wait under 5 mins with app so they could have more passes available.

I'm more disappointed there is no spiderman meet at all at the moment as he is only available with the meal package.
Thanks for reporting back😊
I thought you could meet all super heroes?
Fingers crossed you get you get to meet captain America at some point, we want to meet him too, weve met him in universal before & he’s great! Wonder will Disney bring out their own app instead of using lineberty, it seems odd to book through this?
Hope you’re having a great time!😊
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Fingers crossed you get you get to meet captain America at some point, we want to meet him too, weve met him in universal before & he’s great! Wonder will Disney bring out their own app instead of using lineberty, it seems odd to book through this?
The only meet in the park for day guests is Captain America.

Black Widow, Thor and Captain America meet as part of the Marvel dinner at Hotel New York - you can book this without a package now.

The above three plus Loki will be meeting at the AP night on 7th July (now sold out).

Spiderman is only meetable for this season for those who purchased a Marvel Signature Package.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
little tink
slightly serious Dibber

Was there last week and used it to meet Captain America. It didn't work at all! There were a few of us trying to get in the queue at the same time at exactly 9:45am and it kept crashing and not loading for a few minutes. Eventually one of us managed to get an afternoon slot for him for about 7 hours later.

Once we were in the queue we kept checking the app and we could see the time going down and the closer it got, it then told you how many groups were in front of you.

The weird thing is, is that it said we were something like 20th in the queue so I don't know why we had to wait so long into the afternoon slot if there were only 19 groups ahead of us.

A few minutes before our time slot we then went over to the meet and greet location. There was a long queue with stressed out Cast Members trying to work out who was supposed to meet Captain America at what time and it was just a bit of a shambles. It didn't feel like anyone knew what was going on.

We probably ended up waiting about 45 minutes in the queue but it was alright as we got to the watch the shows that were happening around us.

On the plus side, the actual meet and greet was excellent! Was definitely worth the hassle!

Little Tink
little tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I've read lots of negative reviews on a DLP Facebook group we're on. Similar to what you were saying Lou Lou Disney. We've downloaded the app and Dh has had a play with it and it does seem all the meets with marvel characters go straight away. Hopefully they'll iron out initial problems soon.
Old 23 Jun 18, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Our Grumpy1
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 27
Just spoken to DD and her DBF again.

They tried again yesterday at studios, (using the app this time) unfortunately they could ONLY get a reservation with Mickey.

They are tech savvy people but said the reservation process didn’t work for them. They just couldn’t get them

They were disappointed as having got engaged at the Castle on thursday morning they’d hoped to get some special photo’s with the ‘ring’ with the studio’s characters on their Photopass.

Fortunately their meet with Mickey at studios was a lovely (as was Minnie at Disneyland park).

DD said there seemed to be a lot of confusion and not a lot of information about the App.

Hopefully this thread will alert people to the changes to avoid dissapointment.
Old 24 Jun 18, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

I think it's ridiculous spiderman meet and greet has been cancellled unless you are prepared to pay lots of money.
We managed to get Captain America all slots go in about 1 minute so you have to be fast. We got a slot for 6 hours later.

After 5 attempts managed to get to the last marvel show of the day. You do need to get there at least 45 minutes early and you can't leave line once there.
Old 24 Jun 18, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
I think it's ridiculous spiderman meet and greet has been cancellled unless you are prepared to pay lots of money.
We managed to get Captain America all slots go in about 1 minute so you have to be fast. We got a slot for 6 hours later.

After 5 attempts managed to get to the last marvel show of the day. You do need to get there at least 45 minutes early and you can't leave line once there.
Not good. Hope it calms down a bit by the time we get there late August, I doubt it though. My cousin is a CM there & she even says is so bad,

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Oh no! We go on Thurs and it sounds like a nightmare.
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 18, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
indie2312
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ds4ljs View Post
Oh no! We go on Thurs and it sounds like a nightmare.
It's only in the studios! I couldn't book anything on the app everyday it said it was closed or booked.
In magic hours we met goofy in Hollywood outfit and Pluto on the way in just by queuing but there was no queue.
In Disneyland Park I met tweedle dee, tweedle dum and rabbit as usual. You could queue for Rafiki, Captain Hook, Baloo, Goofy and Pluto. Donald, Mickey and Minnie in their 25th outfits all had a big queue though. Also caught Mary poopins, bill and he penguins out too. So don't worry there is plenty to see without the stupid App unless you or your children love marvel, incredibles then you will need to use it as other has said.

Edited at 12:07 PM.
indie2312 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 18, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
indie2312
Apprentice Imagineer

Not good. Hope it calms down a bit by the time we get there late August, I doubt it though. My cousin is a CM there & she even says is so bad,
The line for that show is ridiculous. We joined it at 11.30 thinking it was for the show at 11.35... naive it was for 12.40 and it's outside big no! We left the queue and didn't watch it, I think they should turn everyone away and just say comeback 15 minutes beforehand. Apart from that we got everything else done.

indie2312 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List