Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Jul 16, 02:58 AM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Little shopping report

Here are some of the things I have bought. Hope it's not too boring!

Ugg Bailey button boots priced $122.46 inc tax. These were a bit of a desperation buy on my first outlet visit but I did want to buy uggs and I don't think I could get them cheaper at home.

A selection of Disney clothing from Walmart. I refused to pay park prices (I am a cheapskate, more of a tesco and primark shopper). Hopefully you can see the pre tax prices in the pics.

Black sweatshirt $20.97, red top, $16.47, red night shirt $15.97, grey top $12.47.

Charlotte Russe next. I really liked a lot of stuff in here. Prices are pre tax.
Skull vest top $12

Hooded vest top $7.50

Green casual blazer type jacket. Just realised this was $19.99 and it was on a rack that said $15. But annoying but what can you do.

I also bought a black t shirt in here for $7.50.

Edited at 03:01 AM.
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 03:13 AM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Banana republic. Only got a look in here because hubby was late picking me up! I got this green/Aqua sweater. It was $54.97 with 50% off making it $27.50. Again this was by a sign that said 60% off but I only realised after. I also bought earrings for $12.49 in here but haven't photographed them.

Guess now. This has probably been my favourite shop although a lot of stuff is pretty skinny and I couldn't understand the Jean, trouser or short sizing at all!
I got this black jersey type material shirt. $34.99.

And this black short sleeved shirt $29.

This sweatshirt $39.99.

And this vest for $13.99.

And a bag for $41.99.

And I got $20 off for spending over $100 with my savings book 😀
And last week I bought this bag for $39. And I've been using it ever since!

I have no idea if I've got bargains or not, I've never shopped in guess before but I've got stuff I like at prices I'm comfortable with so I think that's what matters...

Edited at 03:15 AM.
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 03:26 AM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

I bought this bag in DKNY for my step mums 60th birthday. It was about $75 inc tax. Supposedly down from $250 but who knows! I actually kind of love this bag myself and I'm a bit regretful I didn't buy myself a bag in there.

This is my pandora charm from the shop in Magic Kingdom. Cost $55 before tax. It's on the pandora website for $50 but who cares, it will always remind me of our trip!

Three pairs of earrings from something silver at Disney springs. This shop was expensive and I saw equally nice sterling silver earrings in Walmart afterwards for half the price. The tiny flip flop ones were $13, the spiral ones were $36 (both for my mum) and the funny looking ones ( for me!) were 50% off making them $34.50. The other ones were my banana republic ones mentioned above $12.49 which was half off.
Old 25 Jul 16, 03:32 AM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Looked in the Disney character warehouse in Vineland outlets on both days I went and in the international outlets on one day. First day in Vineland I thought wow what a load of tat, international one was better and we bought the boys a hoody each for $4.99! They are Star Wars and say Walt Disney World down the sleeve. Had another look in Vineland today and the stock was much better. I still didn't buy anything but it goes to show that the turn over is relatively quick and it's probably always worth a quick look. Some stuff was the same price as it is in the parks though so be careful. I saw Disney themed hot wheels cars and magic bandits for same prices as in the parks 😕
Old 25 Jul 16, 03:42 AM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

I have also bought some Sally Hansen nail stuff in Walmart at good prices, various souvenirs, some make up in Walmart, candy that we probably won't get time to eat before we leave, some bath and body works hand sanitisers and a candle plus some shower gel and body cream for a friend, some build a bear clothes in T. rex cafe and probably lots of other tat! Walmart has a great selection of cheap Disney stuff like clothes, key rings, cups, teddies etc. it was also pretty good for crayola pens etc but I didn't buy any. I did get some Aussie hair care shampoo and conditioners that I thought were really cheap.
My boys have bought loads of crap too! The best things they have are probably the build your own light Sabres from Hollywood studios. They're not that dear (start at $24.95 but do go up to about $45!) and can be customised. However, you need to speak up if you want to customise it otherwise they ask you what handle you want (e.g Luke's) and then they build that lightsaber for you. Son number one didn't speak up until afterwards and ended up very unhappy with one he didn't want. However, we explained and gave it back so we didn't have to pay for it. He then built another one on our next visit.
We are spending Tuesday morning at the Florida mall so will update if we get anything good!

Edited at 03:44 AM.
Old 25 Jul 16, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Sounds like my sort of holiday !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
woollys_super
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks for posting, look forward to seeing anymore you get, have fun x
Disney World, Encantada August 2016
Disney World, Davenport July 2018
woollys_super is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBigdog
Serious Dibber

Thanks for posting, I love a good shopping haul. I really like the boys WDW hoodies, bargain for $4.99! Can't wait to see what you buy next?
MrsBigdog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneygirlxx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thank you for posting
Really enjoyed reading your shopping report
Hope you post more
Have a fab time
Disneygirlxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Love the DKNY bag! What a lovely gift X
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread