Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jun 20, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve just had an e-mail from Attraction Tickets - we paid our balance early to secure the tickets to September next year.

I’ve read so much info I think
I’ve confused myself. We’re still booked for August but waiting on BA to cancel and hopefully we’ll book for the same time next year.

Once the system is accepting reservations for non Disney stays, can I book days for next year even though I won’t be 100% sure of dates? And are you able to book several days at once. Don’t want to be paying all that money and discovering we can only visit once or twice.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
001_ATLANTIS
Serious Dibber

This is just too much madness it really is! Disney are sucking the joy out of visiting the parks with every announcement. I am amazed that so many people are feeling the need to play along with them.

Going on holiday should absolutely not be a military operation and I say that as someone who knows it pays dividends to have a plan. But this?

I'm afraid that I'm another one who will not consider a trip to DW until there is some semblance of normality restored. I love my Disney holidays but I am just not prepared to jump on the stress carousel which this appears to have all the makings of.
001_ATLANTIS is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
I’ve just had an e-mail from Attraction Tickets - we paid our balance early to secure the tickets to September next year.

I’ve read so much info I think
I’ve confused myself. We’re still booked for August but waiting on BA to cancel and hopefully we’ll book for the same time next year.

Once the system is accepting reservations for non Disney stays, can I book days for next year even though I won’t be 100% sure of dates? And are you able to book several days at once. Don’t want to be paying all that money and discovering we can only visit once or twice.
Exact same situation.

I think we can book on 28th June.

I haven't registered my tickets yet - some hopefully will be more info, before 28th re: what we can book.

We do't have flights, so can hopefully change days too...

This is so nuts!
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
sjmdisney
Getting Excited

The rumour was that a 60 day window for booking parks would be in place for confirmed resort reservations- this was updated on June 16.

I had read on several sites that the 60 day window would work like the fastpass+ system but does look on reading the new guidelines that it will be a free for all and system crashing scramble on Monday June 22

Here is a post with the original rumour -

disneytouristblog/di...-registration/
sjmdisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Surely you can book park days now for Aug 2021!
Old 19 Jun 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 001_ATLANTIS View Post
This is just too much madness it really is! Disney are sucking the joy out of visiting the parks with every announcement. I am amazed that so many people are feeling the need to play along with them.

Going on holiday should absolutely not be a military operation and I say that as someone who knows it pays dividends to have a plan. But this?

I'm afraid that I'm another one who will not consider a trip to DW until there is some semblance of normality restored. I love my Disney holidays but I am just not prepared to jump on the stress carousel which this appears to have all the makings of.
Totally agree. It’s just so stressful.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Surely you can book park days now for Aug 2021!
no, but you can next week!

I would bite their hand off at a refund now, and go to Universal.

Intersting no info about refunds or downgrading tickets -just panic us to register tickets and book park days next week - which no doubt invalidates any refund possibility
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Everything I've read says its 7 their time same as FP so noon for us... just not sure which day
Interesting I wonder if this is just another rumour but I appreciate you posting

I think I'm going to set a couple of alarms to check periodically from waking to 12pm and then go from there.
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

I asked this on another thread but didn’t get an answer: if I book and pay for my tickets, what happens if all days are reserved for my trip? Do I get a refund? How does it work?
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tretinker View Post
Interesting I wonder if this is just another rumour but I appreciate you posting

I think I'm going to set a couple of alarms to check periodically from waking to 12pm and then go from there.
It was posted by Kenny The Pirate, hes normally pretty reliable to be honest but absolutely doesn't hurt to keep an eye on it. I sometimes miss the excitement of a 5am fp booking. Nuts I know but I loved the house being so peaceful
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List