Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Feb 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
minimum77
Very Serious Dibber

Question for the ladies

We're going for 2 weeks 16th May. My daughter will be 16, 1 month later. She will have her period when we are there. Has anyone used norethisterone and can tell me about any bad after affects. Obviously my DD wants to get it but I don't want to cause her a lot of problems afterwards. Im going to get it from Super drug or Lloyd's pharmacy as our Dr's are terrible at trying to get an appointment and DD is too shy to talk about her periods and I've read online that some Dr's won't give to younger ladies. I have a BP monitor in the house as I have high blood pressure and her BP is good. Anyone used this before and how did you feel when taking it?
minimum77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

I took it and it mucked up my periods for quite a while afterwards. For me, personally, I wouldn't take it again
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve had a few times over the years but the last time it made me so ill that I’d rather have a period any day over that.

I also have a teenage daughter and we’ve discussed this but after chatting to our GP, reading up about it and it’s potential side effects and the exceptionally bad experience I had she decided that she’d much rather not bother and was happy to use tampons when swimming instead. We also bought here one of the period swimming costumes but she never ended up using it.

Obviously it’s up to you but I would definitely do some research first.
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I have taken it in the past for holidays. My periods returned as normal and I had no side effects. I wouldn’t use it regularly but I found it fine short term. However some doctors don’t like prescribing it for younger patients so you would have to consult the doctor/pharmacist.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

I used it, no side effects but it did mess my cycle up afterwards.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

I have only used it once, had horrible back pain and a few other side effects. I stopped it early and was going to just have my period but I ended up not having one for 3 months. We are all different and all react differently but if your daughter wants to try it make sure she reads up on it first.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Sioux
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I used it once and it caused me to have super heavy periods for the next two months. Not worth it imo.
Sioux is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

I used it and it made me a hormonal mess (more so than usual) so never again. For DD we have bought the period bikini bottoms for her to use on holiday.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I think your daughter will need an appointment with her GP as the minimum age for using the online prescribing services at Boots and Superdrug is 16, Lloyds is 18.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
minimum77
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for the replies everyone. My DD isn't ready for tampons yet. I tried to get her to try then when we went to Salou last summer. She's a bit upset as she's due during our RPR stay when we would be going to VB. Her periods last 6 days too so basically half the holiday. I'll maybe have a look at the period swimwear. I've seen them online but not too sure about sizing. She's only in 11 Yr old clothing and even then some pj bottoms fall down so quite slim in the waist area. Do any high street shops sell the period swimwear?
minimum77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List