Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 28 Oct 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
As long as the villa is clean, tidy and comfortable I'm happy. Some of the more modern villas are asking silly money now!

The only thing that we have found that isn't brilliant is any villa is the hairdryers, but I'm told thats to do with the voltage rather than the hairdryer itself?
It is. I don't even bother using one here as my hair dries quickly between the heat and a/c. Electric kettles are the same. I haven't replaced mine as a kettle on the gas burner heats just as quickly.
Old 28 Oct 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

Hate when the netting around the pool is ripped, as the mozzies get in.
decent pots /Pans sometimes I like to have breakfast. However This is something that you cannot check in reviews. Decent towels for poolside, again you can't check reviews for this.
Plastic flowers are a No no.
Old fashioned TV, box type.
Prefer carpet in the lounge part.
Old 28 Oct 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

Two storey with bedrooms upstairs in my first criteria. Location is important too. We want a Private pool, no weird plastic plants in over sized vases and jugs. Not dated or dark decor or glass tables. My children are very clumsy!
Child friendly.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
POFQfan
slightly serious Dibber

Don't mind the Floridian décor as I do want to feel like I'm on holiday and it's very different to my home. However, we stayed in a villa last summer (which was great overall) but there were so many knick knacks everywhere. We had to move wooden carved animals, little vases and dishes, decorative boxes etc from every single surface and put them in cupboards for the duration!

Edited at 10:14 PM.
POFQfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
It is. I don't even bother using one here as my hair dries quickly between the heat and a/c. Electric kettles are the same. I haven't replaced mine as a kettle on the gas burner heats just as quickly.
Thanks, I did consider buying one on our next trip, but sounds like it wouldn't be worth it

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
Thanks, I did consider buying one on our next trip, but sounds like it wouldn't be worth it
There are 3 in the villa did you not find one?

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 02:07 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Libby29 View Post
Hate when the netting around the pool is ripped, as the mozzies get in.
decent pots /Pans sometimes I like to have breakfast. However This is something that you cannot check in reviews. Decent towels for poolside, again you can't check reviews for this.
Plastic flowers are a No no.
Old fashioned TV, box type.
Prefer carpet in the lounge part.
Our good quality pool towels used to disappear regularly when we rented. We would then find random thin ones on our next visit. Even bath towels would disappear.
Old 29 Oct 19, 02:09 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
Two storey with bedrooms upstairs in my first criteria. Location is important too. We want a Private pool, no weird plastic plants in over sized vases and jugs. Not dated or dark decor or glass tables. My children are very clumsy!
Child friendly.
One of my daughter's friends here who lives in a one story thinks having to go upstairs in our house when she sleeps over is very odd.
Old 29 Oct 19, 02:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Donna I'm at ours ( last visit June ) I've lost pillow slips and pillows
Pool towels have multiples but bathroom towel gone astray
Oh and if anybody wants a breeding pair of refillable all the parks mugs they are free to a good home they multiply like crazy
Linens that's just life but DH almost has to tie me down when in the security que on the way home the amount of folks that have a full size
Pillow with white slip on it makes me want to scream who's villa did you nick that from
Yes folks it's a common occurance never mind the battery's out the clocks to remotes
It really is a double edged sword for us villa owners at times
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
arkv1lla
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 13
Oh dear, so many things for owners to have to think about.

I (and my villa owner friends) try really hard to make our villas lovely for our guests (Dibbers or otherwise) I take it seriously that we are part of people much anticipated holiday which they have usually saved hard for and looked forward to.

I'm afraid we all do our best but you cannot please all of the people all of the time.

There's ome villas out there that are unkempt (owners who never visit and just rent via a tour operator so have no idea what their home looks like) but that's not the case with Dibb villas, we all do our very best to make our homes lovely.

Sandra

Edited at 11:51 AM.
arkv1lla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List