Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jul 22, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Pacific Terrace Hotel San Diego

Hi just wondering if anyone has stayed here, looking to book BA flights when our dates are released and this is one of the hotel options to make it a package with them? Thanks
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I haven’t stayed there or indeed know it but I know the wonderfully helpful Aims will come back with her view as she lives there and is our resident expert on all things SD
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Yes, Aims will have the lowdown. Looking at a map it's on Pacific beach closer to La Jolla than the city. The location would be make or break for me. As first-time visitors we found our hotel (SpringHill Suites Downtown) ideal as everything we wanted to do was within walking distance. We did a day trip up to La Jolla and the pacific beach area looked lovely with lots of resort-style hotels but I think the question will be if you would have the time to relax and enjoy that while driving to the tourist spots or if you would be out and about all day without enough time to enjoy the beach/pool/resort.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Here I come with the lowdown! 😄 If you really want a beachfront hotel, it’s in a perfect location for that- just steps from the beach and it’s a pretty area. I stayed once but it’s been several years ago. It’s an older property but kept up well, the inside has a boutique hotel vibe. I remember the furniture being very ornate. All the rooms have either a balcony, or a patio on the first floor. If you get a room with an ocean view those are the best, but they also face the hotel pool so there could be noise from that. The ocean view rooms do face the beach boardwalk that runs by the hotel and there is always a lot of foot traffic at all times on that boardwalk. Pacific Beach is popular with the university age crowd and there are a lot of beach bars in that area. I’m a light sleeper and had trouble one night sleeping because a bunch of drunk people were yelling out on the boardwalk by the hotel in the middle of the night, so that is the one drawback I should mention. I probably wouldn’t stay there again myself because I prefer the La Jolla Shores hotel for beachfront now. Pacific Terrace is closer to the city of San Diego though if you are looking for that.

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
Yes, Aims will have the lowdown. Looking at a map it's on Pacific beach closer to La Jolla than the city. The location would be make or break for me. As first-time visitors we found our hotel (SpringHill Suites Downtown) ideal as everything we wanted to do was within walking distance. We did a day trip up to La Jolla and the pacific beach area looked lovely with lots of resort-style hotels but I think the question will be if you would have the time to relax and enjoy that while driving to the tourist spots or if you would be out and about all day without enough time to enjoy the beach/pool/resort.
Hi, thanks for reply, yes the location is the thing I’m wondering about, Shelter Island is the area I’d been looking at up till now.
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Aims View Post
Here I come with the lowdown! 😄 If you really want a beachfront hotel, it’s in a perfect location for that- just steps from the beach and it’s a pretty area. I stayed once but it’s been several years ago. It’s an older property but kept up well, the inside has a boutique hotel vibe. I remember the furniture being very ornate. All the rooms have either a balcony, or a patio on the first floor. If you get a room with an ocean view those are the best, but they also face the hotel pool so there could be noise from that. The ocean view rooms do face the beach boardwalk that runs by the hotel and there is always a lot of foot traffic at all times on that boardwalk. Pacific Beach is popular with the university age crowd and there are a lot of beach bars in that area. I’m a light sleeper and had trouble one night sleeping because a bunch of drunk people were yelling out on the boardwalk by the hotel in the middle of the night, so that is the one drawback I should mention. I probably wouldn’t stay there again myself because I prefer the La Jolla Shores hotel for beachfront now. Pacific Terrace is closer to the city of San Diego though if you are looking for that.
Hi Aims thanks for replying, I do think it looks like a lovely hotel but maybe sounds like it could be a bit busy for us, I definitely want either a sea or harbour view and Shelter Island is the area I’d been looking at up until now, maybe that would be the best choice for us as a family😃
Old 29 Jul 22, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bazinga 39 View Post
Hi Aims thanks for replying, I do think it looks like a lovely hotel but maybe sounds like it could be a bit busy for us, I definitely want either a sea or harbour view and Shelter Island is the area I’d been looking at up until now, maybe that would be the best choice for us as a family😃
For families I would definitely go with Shelter Island. It is a lot quieter there and right on the water. 😊

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List