Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 4 Aug 22, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Agree with all above - absolutely worth it. I admire your self control Mr Tom Morrow - because the hardest thing with Costco is all the things you find that you DIDN’T know you needed!

Went on Saturday to buy toilet paper and coffee. Came home with 6 new bowls, 2 new insulated cups, 2 hot food thermos flasks, a pack of an obscene amount of Nakd bars, garden lights, new book, new jumper and a pot for the garden…

I rarely spend under 200 when I go (so try to limit myself to 1-2 times per quarter). I have also started to do a list as once I went to buy a cake for a party - complete forgot it but came home with batteries ( their batteries are great and good value) and new Sketcher shoes instead

You might find some of the fresh produce incl meats, fish etc is not cheaper than in your supermarket - but the quality is so much greater - restaurant quality.
Old 4 Aug 22, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
grumpybri
VIP Dibber

Absolutely worth it. Bought 2 TV’s this year and saved loads compared to other shops and 5 year guarantee included. Furniture is good quality and I have had a sofa delivered in 4 days before.
Old 5 Aug 22, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Like said you do have to compare prices as stuff isn’t always cheaper but overall it’s worth it and sometimes there are some Real bargains to be had. What we’ve saved on fuel alone this year has more than paid for the annual fee.

I think Mr Morrow must be one of the Few who can actually visit and stick to what they went for - it’s way too easy to pop in for a few things and come out with a trolley full

We’re going tomorrow to pick up a personalised birthday cake for dgd party which is the only thing I actually need but I’ll probably stock up on a few bits as in there anyway and no doubt get swayed by some offer I see so if I come out having spent less than £100 I’ll be surprised
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I have been in once and just brought cat litter and left. The large tin of Kirkland ground coffee is nice and reasonably priced if you drink proper coffee every day.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

Been a member for many years. The addition of petrol stations in the UK just adds to the value.
Kirkland brand stuff is their own brand and is generally really good quality. We use their toilet paper and wash power (big tubs). If you like bottled water then thats also a big seller. Some items do not seem cheaper than some of the supermarkets but can be better quality. Fresh meat & fish is always good.
Electrical items have a 5 year warranty and no hassle return policy.
Clothing can also be a cost saver , good pair of jeans for around £12, branded trainers under £30.
Give it go they have a policy which allows you to get a refund of your membership if your not happy.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

We live 2 miles from a Costco with petrol station so it’s a big yes for us. We have 5 cars and a truck so the petrol & diesel savings are worthwhile. We have quite a few items that we always buy from Costco including

Water
Pepsi Max
Toilet Rolls
Kitchen Rolls
Washing Powder
Dishwasher Tablets
Vitamins & Hayfever tablets
Mouthwash
Pancakes
Bonn Maman Strawberry Jam
Weetabix
Shreddies
Croissants
Cakes
Cheese (block, slices, mini)
Actimel
Chicken Breasts
Chicken Breast Nuggets

Plus more. We have a large family so go often.

We also love the Christmas decorations and the garden stuff they have in the summer.

I always check prices on my phone whilst I’m there, for example I was going to pick up a 3 pack of Heinz ketchup this week but looked and the big bottles are on offer with Ocado so I’ve ordered from there. A quick check on the app is all that’s needed.

I’m also a sucker for going in to pick up croissants and cheese but coming out with 10 items for £200, so you have to be careful. It’s called the £200 shop here - used to be the £100 shop but inflation has put an end to that!

Edited at 05:54 PM.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
If you live near one their petrol is a lot cheaper and the saving could pay for the membership on its own (depending on how often you fill up!).

I like the Kirkland toilet rolls, kitchen rolls and boxes of hankies. I don’t know how they compare to brand makes be honest as I am too lazy and just buy when needed.
Definitely interested in saving money on fuel but the Cardiff one doesn’t have a filling station
Interested in the toilet rolls tho..I’m sure my lot must eat them as well we seem to go through loads
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Spooky we went there yesterday!

We are ruthless and only go for things we actually need. Normally about 6 items sometimes a few more. We piggy back off my Sons account so he pays the annual fee. Mind you I think he lives in Costco.

An example from yesterday
40 bottles of their spring water £2.95
6 boxes of Kleenex tissues £6.19
Peppers 6 pack £3.49. Much better quality than the supermarkets.
24 Pepsi Max £6.49

Don't forget the VAT though on non food items plus it's payable on certain food items.
Ah thank you for that…I did wonder if some items would be subject to vat .. a bit like Makro then
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
Been a member for many years. The addition of petrol stations in the UK just adds to the value.
Kirkland brand stuff is their own brand and is generally really good quality. We use their toilet paper and wash power (big tubs). If you like bottled water then thats also a big seller. Some items do not seem cheaper than some of the supermarkets but can be better quality. Fresh meat & fish is always good.
Electrical items have a 5 year warranty and no hassle return policy.
Clothing can also be a cost saver , good pair of jeans for around £12, branded trainers under £30.
Give it go they have a policy which allows you to get a refund of your membership if your not happy.
Excellent …interesting point about refunding of membership, I didn’t see that when I looked through their website.
Old 5 Aug 22, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetA
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Great customer service at Costco, good quality fresh meat products, cheapish petrol love the place
JanetA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List