Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 5 Aug 22, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
lozzylou
slightly serious Dibber

We just recently returned from orlando. Had booked with Virgin and chose Highlands Reserve. 24 hours before we were due to fly we had an email to say they could not offer Highlands Reserve and had issued us a villa at Tuscan Hills. The email said that due to Covid a lot of the villas had been sold on or the ones they still had were in poor repair so their agent could not give us our first choice.
We always stay in Highlands Reserve so were obviously disapointed. The villa in Tuscan Hills was ok but was in need of some TLC. Not many towels and no tea towels at all so trip to the dollar store was needed.
lozzylou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Shug1
Earning My Ears

We had booked highlands reserve with virgin (have stayed there numerous times) within 24 hours they had changed the highlands reserve to Windsor hills like for like then standing in immigration got another call to say they have changed villa again this time storey lakes miles away. Rep was so unhelpful got to villa no electricity not able to get an answer from virgin helpline useless. The villa although out of our comfort area is excellent lovely modern very clean probably better than our original booking. Complaint started with Virgin re communication as we could have been at our 2 villa in Windsor villa if hubby hadn’t answered his phone
Shug1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Scrappy Doo
Gone all Goofy

We recently returned from a stay at a villa in Highlands Reserve booked via holiday lettings. The villa was exactly like the description and photos on the website and the owners communication prior to our visit regarding the security alarm, safe and key box were in plenty of time. The couple who managed the property were residents in the development aswell and contact numbers were given for them also! We had a great stay 👍
Scrappy Doo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Right now it all boils down to the lack of inventory available to the tour companies
They rely on an agent in Florida getting available villas from Management Companies
The MCs are hanging out to the last minute to release villas to them as they can get more money for there owners ; there commission from Airbnb Vbro etc
Management Companies on average have list more than 50% of there clients and those of us owners that are left in 3/4/5/6 bed homes are hands on owners who do our own bookings
The huge houses on the likes of Bella Vida are being booked atbtHe last minute by Americans for top dollar per night
Windsor Hills is a prime example so many villas town houses have been sold to full time residents it’s unbelievable Reunion is the same in smaller homes as is Highland Reserve
Sunset lakes Southern Dunes etc
And many good owners are still fitting in bookings from 2020 / 21 for guests
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 03:31 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

We’re currently staying at the Oasis in Champions Gate. This is our fourth time staying at this resort and I can honestly say it’s definitely gone downhill. It’s currently 11pm and I can hear loud music from a house party which is echoing through the estate.

We’ve also had a number of issues with our villa, the carpets are disgusting, lights not working etc. the place just lacks care and attention & needs some TLC. We’ve had to wait around for maintenance guys, cable, pool etc which is time out of our holiday and with no thanks or apology from the owner. If we were at a resort or hotel then these issues would be dealt with and if there are any problems there is someone onsite 24/7 to help you. Here you’re on your own!

The staff at the clubhouse were incredibly rude so I have vowed to not set foot back in the place. It all just feels a bit run down and attracts the wrong type of clientele. There are a lot more cars in driveways and all over the roads which suggests multiple families/friends are renting these homes which then makes it super cheap and attracts the wrong kind of people.

It’s a shame because the Airbnb reviews were really good but after this experience I’m not sure I’ll be able to trust reviews anymore.

It’s safe to say that after 20 years of renting villas we are now done & will either stay in a resort condo or onsite in future.

Edited at 03:49 AM.
act1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 03:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Here currently. We booked two villas with Debbie’s Villas. Both villas are as advertised. No problems at all. (Other than no welcome pack in villa number two and no license displayed - which I find odd and will be feeding back.)
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

We booked a villa at Highlands Reserve through iwantavilla.com, excellent condition and great communication from the owner. I’d book myself and check out the terms and conditions on the website first. There is cover for changes if needs be - we had to move our dates twice and the owner was very accommodating.
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We used the same villa as pre-covid (Disney Villa Aurora) booked via Sue on here, and it was just as good as pre-covid. Villa was lovely, management company were excellent, all communication was perfect. Highly recommended.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
RastrickGreen
Getting to know the DIBB

We are currently in a villa on Highlands Reserve booked through Debbie’s Villas. It is well equipped, it was immaculately clean when we arrived and is actually better then the photos on the website. Very pleased we have previously stayed here at Highlands, Aviana and Calabay Park and feel this is the best one so far
RastrickGreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Unfortunately there is still a problem on some of the resort style Villa locations that have huge homes these are owned by investors not individuals who take pride in there homes
Act believe me on our sub division the cops would have been out but 10/15 pm excess cars towed , us fined for excess trash but we are a 80/20% residential/ short term community and it’s what keeps ours well kept quiet friendly and a nice place to live or vacation
I know some resort community like soltera have really Upped security to stop this as has the original reunion resort as has Windsor hills FRIENDS LIVE ON wH and last week I’d to show I’d know there name address. And they had to let the gate house know I was visiting nothing I’ve got an issue with
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List