Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Aug 22, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
FunTimes
Excited about Disney

Ingrowing Toe Nail - Options

I feel like I am about to ask the most ridiculous question.

Daughter has decided now is a good time to develop an ingrowing toe nail. I am a bit panicked because when I get them they often require intervention and can escalate to me really struggling to walk. we went walk in centre and the advised its not infected so just salt water to keep it soft and it should be fine. Its bright red at the moment She is upset because she knows it might impact her holiday

She can get around at the moment but I am thinking what happens if things get worse considering we go on Sunday my options are limited.

If she is genuinely struggling to walk would be qualify for some for of DAS pass ? do I look at a wheelchair and push it through the queue lines ? Does she just have to struggle on ? Rather have a plan in my head now to try to stop myself stressing.

We are going Universal (Express pass), Volcano Bay, Sea World and Busch Gardens.

I am worrier / planner so can someone give me the low down on what are options are if she struggles to walk on it.

LMAO - kids!

Edited at 12:24 PM.
FunTimes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

From what I've read that's not worthy of DAS, they'd point her to a wheelchair instead.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
FunTimes
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by SteveyJ View Post
From what I've read that's not worthy of DAS, they'd point her to a wheelchair instead.
Okay cool - so how would one go about getting a wheelchair

EDIT: saying this... when we go Busch it should be really quite and we have fastpasses for our day at Sea World so I am probably over worrying.

Be good to know how you get a wheelchair out there if needed

EDIT 2:

Just showed daughter the options

scootaround/en/universal-orlando

She says she wants an electric one God help all you ankles

Edited at 12:36 PM.
FunTimes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

I'm a retired chiropodist, soak the foot in a bowl of luke warm water with a handful of salt in it , 3 times a day for 2 days. That should stop it from becoming infected or clear it up enough to have it cut out. Get booked in to see a chiropodist . Dont go poking it yourself.
As for the das pass, being unable to walk will only get told to get a wheel chair, take out a 2nd mortgage for a motorised scooter
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d book a chiropodist appointment before you go. Best to get it sorted before you go.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
FunTimes
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
I'm a retired chiropodist, soak the foot in a bowl of luke warm water with a handful of salt in it , 3 times a day for 2 days. That should stop it from becoming infected or clear it up enough to have it cut out. Get booked in to see a chiropodist . Dont go poking it yourself.
As for the das pass, being unable to walk will only get told to get a wheel chair, take out a 2nd mortgage for a motorised scooter
Thanks! That is basically what they triage nurse told us as well at the walk in centre. Is that all we can do for now ?

I was only joking about the motorised scooter. If needs be we will grab a normal push along one.
Old 8 Aug 22, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
FunTimes
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
I’d book a chiropodist appointment before you go. Best to get it sorted before you go.
I would do but it seems they will just tell us to do as above for now.
Old 8 Aug 22, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FunTimes View Post
Thanks! That is basically what they triage nurse told us as well at the walk in centre. Is that all we can do for now ?

I was only joking about the motorised scooter. If needs be we will grab a normal push along one.
Keep her toe free from shoes, wear sandals or flip flops to stop any pressure on it. Salt should do the trick but be generous with , a good handful ,not a little sprinkle
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
I won't go telling you what I used to do with mine then! 🤦😂
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Andysaurus
Apprentice Imagineer

I used to be prone to ingrown toe nails and had my entire big toe nail removed several times, extremely unpleasant procedure. However what I do now when I feel one coming on is to get a thin emery board/nail file and slide that down between the nail and skin and file it down until it stops hurting then soak it, and then try and get under with clippers and cut it off.

Edited at 04:04 PM.
Andysaurus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List