Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jun 20, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazzaschofield
Staying in the Castle

Mobile

On a separate note, our outbound flight is August 11th (so now it seems eligible for a refund)

However our return flight is on September 2nd.

As we booked as a return ticket will there be any issues cancelling the return flight as well or will they try and worm out of the refund for the return half as 'they're still planning on flying that flight' at this moment?
Dazzaschofield is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Surely this isn’t going to be good for virgin then since don’t most of their flights go to Orlando?
No. They fly to a lot of other destinations
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Just had our flights cancelled .
12th aug to LAS .
Relieved !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dazzaschofield View Post
On a separate note, our outbound flight is August 11th (so now it seems eligible for a refund)

However our return flight is on September 2nd.

As we booked as a return ticket will there be any issues cancelling the return flight as well or will they try and worm out of the refund for the return half as 'they're still planning on flying that flight' at this moment?
You’ll have no issues in that scenario
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

The Orlando flights have been put back as MCO is not currently one of the airports open to international travel and the CDC would have to reopen all airports by 20th July which they clearly are not going to do now.

Miami, LAX, JFK and other airports are currently open to international travel so those flights going ahead, as long as the US lifts its travel ban for non essential travel.

I have an open ticket I wanted to rebook so looking even more likely I will have to go for a refund as stuck to school holidays and wanted to go before November to avoid paying more for next years flights.
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
beeftinkler
Very Serious Dibber

Where does it say the Virgin flights have been cancelled (until Aug) because of CDC? From what I can see EVERY other airline is still planning to use MCO (from July). Maybe it's just VA...
beeftinkler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by beeftinkler View Post
Where does it say the Virgin flights have been cancelled (until Aug) because of CDC? From what I can see EVERY other airline is still planning to use MCO (from July). Maybe it's just VA...
corporate.virginatlantic...to-flying.html

It says will be flying from 24th August subject to CDC approval.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by beeftinkler View Post
Not sure how any other airline can use MCO as it's yet to be added to the Department of Homelands Security approved list for international arrivals. Currently there are only 15 for the whole of the US.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by penguin19 View Post
I wonder what would happen for those who have indirect flights, via New York for example? I assume they are still OK as they wouldn't go straight to Orlando...
I had an email today our indirect flight lhr/jfk/mco on 19th August has been cancelled. It’s the lhr to jfk that’s been cancelled but they’ve just cancelled the whole booking and changed it to an open ticket.

Eta it actually says they’ve consolidated flights and ours is cancelled. This is virgin.

Edited at 09:07 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Wereallmadhere
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Has anyones flight updated on the app yet. Our 6th/25th August flights are still showing as on time.