Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 28 May 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
To Disney World and Beyond (with a toddler) - Day 5 - Blizzard Beach / Storybook Dining

Day 5 - 10/04/2019 - Blizzard Beach / Storybook Dining

So today was planned as a chill day. We had planned to do 3 x waterpark days over the course of the 2 weeks and spread them out fairly evenly, to give us a 'rest' from the park days!

With Blizzard Beach opening at 1000hrs, we were planning to get the bus about 0915hrs wish. So alarm was set for 0730hrs. A nice sleep in compared to previous mornings.

We were now on US time and slept through to 0730hrs with the alarm waking the 2 of us. Bobby was still asleep.

We made sure the bags were packed (rucksacks included as not taking the pram today), swimming outfits and sun cream on! By this time Bobby was starting to wake... must have been just after 0800hrs.

Quickly got him ready and we were out of the door by 0830hrs and taking our mugs with us, we go for breakfast in the food court! First time having breakfast here and it didn't dissapoint. Although not feeling too hungry we got Mickey waffles (kids) and French toast to share between the 3 of us. I think this is the time when Bobby fell in love with waffles and syrup! Just like his dad!

With breakfast done, we head for the bus at around 0910hrs... only had to wait about 10 mins before one turned up, and we had arrived in Blizzard Beach by about 0940hrs.

BB is our favourite Disney waterpark because of the rides, but we knew this time it was going to be different and spending most of the time by the toddler area.

Once in we head straight for the toddler area but it is all roped off as park hadn't officially opened yet. So we wait for the person to come down Summit Plummit (they almost bottled it), and we make our way in behind about 15-20 people. Loads of beds in this area, and we get 3 under the cover... this was of course the most important thing for us! We didn't have anything valuable in the bags so didn't bother with hiring lockers for the day!

We had a great morning in BB and Bobby loved the baby area although refused to go down any of the slides. Note that this area isn't too big and was our least favourite of the 3 waterparks we went to!

Took Bobby into the wave pool, on the lazy river... and he even got to watch me come down Summit Plummit. It was only about a 10 min wait, which I thought was short for mid morning, so had to get on it!

For lunch we always end up in Lottawatta Lodge. We find a seat and I go up and get Blizzard Burger for me, Holly gets the Chicken Strips and Bobby also has the Chicken Strips (kids meal). We pay OOP for Bobbys, and use the DDP for ours. I get a craft beer and Holly gets a Pina Colava!

By now it is about 1300hrs, and we head into the shops and pick Bobby up a sand toys in a Mickey shaped basket type thing! We take it back to the beds and let him play in the sand for a little while! He was in and out of the Childs water area, and actually ended up falling over in there grazing his knees (now a real boy)... we had to get a plaster on him, and decided at this point to call it a day. You could tell he was getting a little tired! It was around 1400hrs at this point!

We get him changed out of his swimming outfit, we dry off and we headed out of the park via the shops and bought him a little football to take with us!

Not long waiting for the bus again with another family! Anyway, on the way back to the resort Bobby fell asleep on DW. This made it easier as by the time we were back at the resort and then the room, we just put him straight into bed! We all had a little chill at this point as the sun had taken it out of us today!

He slept through to just after 1600hrs, which meant he had a good sleep as it was going to be a fairly late one again tonight!

Holly and I were finishing getting ready when he woke, as plan was to be out of the room by about 1645hrs to get to Wilderness Lodge in time for our Dining reservation at 1805hrs.

Everything went smoothly and we got the bus to MK then through security check and then onto the boat to Wilderness Lodge!

Checked in for Storybook Dining and then had a little walk around the Lobby. This has always been our dream resort and we hope to be staying here in 2021!

Bobby loves ramps, so we ended up spending about 10 mins just running over the bridge in the Lobby. He is steady on his feet but when his little legs pick up speed as he runs down the ramp always makes me a little worried!

We were seated around 1815hrs, and what a fantastic setting and meal! It is a 3 course set menu, and you get to try all of the starters and all of the desserts and you choose your main! I had the prime rib and Holly had the roast chicken! Food was lovely! Also, Bobby was given his own starter and main (Mac and cheese) which we were not charged for!

Character interaction was amazing also!

Here are some photos:

Would certainly recommend this meal to anyone, and would not surprise me if they change this to a 2 credit meal at some point! We will certainly be back!

So next stop was Chip n Dale's Campfire Sing-a-long! Something we did last time in 2015 (yes, just the 2 of us) and really enjoyed it!

Boat from Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness with a lovely sunset behind us!

As we got to Fort Wilderness we suddenly remembered it was a bit difficult to get to / from the campfire. We had to get a bus a few stops then another short walk to finally get there!

We managed to get there just a few minutes before it was due to start at 2000hrs!

A fun 30 mins singing, dancing and generally running around after Bobby making sure he didn't go too close to the campfires!

The sing-a-long finished around 2030hrs and the plan was to get back to MK and get the bus home from there! We head to the bus stop at FW to get back to the Settlement Depot, and after 20 minutes of waiting and seeing 3 buses going in the other direction we soon realise something is wrong and decide to walk to the main area which took about 10 minutes. It was just after 2100hrs now and we still had to get the boat back to MK before getting the bus back!

With the fireworks starting soon, we decided to get the boat to Contemporary and then the bus to Disney Springs and back to POFQ by there as we were concerned about meeting the crowds after HEA! Looking back this was very much the long way round and should have really gone back to MK!

But because of the delay getting back from FW we were able to watch some of the fireworks from the boat across Bay Lake!

We got the bus back to Disney Springs and then the bus back from DS to POFQ! Wasn't too bad as we were back in the room about 2230hrs! Was a long journey back but we were finally here.

Another great day and really fun evening, but now it was time to get some sleep as we had another early morning tomorrow!

End of day 5!

Day 6 - Epcot

Index

Edited at 09:14 PM.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sofiamouse
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

Enjoying reading along. I’m going to look into the camp sing a long as our girls would love that ! 😀
Sofiamouse is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Great day. So glad you enjoyed Story bob dining. We have it booked in August and ive heard mixed reviews. I'm really looking forward to it x

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

What a lovely day, I love how much you are fitting in!

Storybook dining looks fab, love the photos!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Stan1805
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Another great day.
Stan1805 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

What a lovely day, I've always wanted to go to the campfire but we've never made it there.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Another great day..we loved the Storybook dining!