Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Apr 18, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsDeeT
I want to go now!

Is there any benefit in booking direct with Disney?

At this stage we are just looking at hotel, dining and ticket booking. Low deposit is appealing but there is another site with same deposit that is slightly cheaper but if there's a good reason to go direct it would be good to know.
Thanks
MrsDeeT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 18, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

I've booked direct for years, partly due to the low deposit but I like to be in control of my booking - booking through an agent means that only they can deal with your booking and im a control freak lol.
Old 29 Apr 18, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMermaid
Excited about Disney

Exactly the same as Tracy - plus if you need to make any changes Disney are lenient and most agents aren't.
I've booked all of my trips - inc DLP direct
MinnieMermaid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 18, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
As above. I prefer the security and control of booking direct with Disney.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 18, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Welly
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve booked with ATD this year, they were cheaper deposit than Disney and cheaper overall too, also will do amendments etc similar to Disney and can pay via online link as and when. No problems with them so far and they are very quick to respond via Facebook messenger too.

My dibb discount was missing, quickly rectified by messenger chat.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Welly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 18, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Low deposit. Flexibility. $200 gift card (not offered by some agents). Plus 4% Quidco Cashback, paid a few months after booking and before the balance is due / the trip takes place.
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 18, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
pokerbanter
Excited about Disney

ATD came in £90 cheaper for us next year but we still booked with Disney direct. Its for peace of mind in the event there are any issues. I know Disney will rectify there & then but it can be a huge hassle if going through a 3rd party.
pokerbanter is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 18, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
AMH
Proud to wear my Ears

all of the above and they allow you to add your flights for just a deposit and you can pay for them monthly with the rest of your holiday instead of finding thousands up front for the flights
AMH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 18, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsDeeT
I want to go now!

Mobile

All make perfect sense, I didn't realise that you can add flights later of you want. Do the flights come out 11 months in advance like flight only?
MrsDeeT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 18, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Welly
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsDeeT View Post
All make perfect sense, I didn't realise that you can add flights later of you want. Do the flights come out 11 months in advance like flight only?
Yes, they use the same carrier/flights as you would booking yourself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Welly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List